1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installing OME 2.75" leaf pack... looking for a good DIY or instructions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by DrRabbitFurHead, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Apr 4, 2010 at 12:38 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead [OP] Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    Going to be installing the typical rear leaf pack, new rear shocks, carrier bearing drop kit, blah, blah, blah...

I've spent a bit of time looking through the AAL stickies and one thread on TN with 1/2 of the photo links dead, but can't find the torque specs, the step by step instructions, etc...

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. The lift is showing up on Thursday (wheelers) and Friday (all pro) this week so if I'm missing any tools, I'd like to know before the weekend gets here and I'm in the middle of the job.

All Pro was cool and just said "call us if you need help with the shocks" but I was hoping for something that required less faith. PEACE. :cool:

2. Apr 4, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    Tat2dTaco

Tat2dTaco He who breaks things.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricker
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 SWB Prerunner
    Camburg Spindles All-Pro Expo Leafs Bilstein 5100s and 7100s DTF Pre-Runner Bumper Tons of other crap
    Chris4X2, made an installtion sticky for the AAL that has the torque specs for the U-bolts. I'll try and look for the link for ya

Edit:Re connect parking brake and brake line brakets (9 ft-lbs), and rear shocks (75 ft-lbs). also on there it says Torque the U-bolts to 75 Ft-lbs as well.

3. Apr 4, 2010 at 1:04 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    What about the shocks? I've done the u-bolt flip kit and used 75-80 ft-lb and even rechecked the torque after a week but never done the shocks. Also, tips to make the job easier would be appreciated.
    A beginning to end DIY is really what I'm after since I'll be doing this solo.

4. Apr 4, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    Tat2dTaco

Tat2dTaco He who breaks things.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricker
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 SWB Prerunner
    Camburg Spindles All-Pro Expo Leafs Bilstein 5100s and 7100s DTF Pre-Runner Bumper Tons of other crap
  5. Apr 5, 2010 at 4:02 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    Do I need to use the c-clamp since I'm removing the entire leaf pack? Wouldn't I be losening up the ends where the springs attach to truck as seen in this photo on the far right?

Boating-suspension026_b534f36bb90cf3aa8ac937160bac157139dfca63.jpg

6. Apr 5, 2010 at 5:53 PM
    Canadianboy

Canadianboy Taco love in East Van

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport S/B 4x4 Auto in Mag Grey
    Icon Stage 3, Goodyear Duratracs and KMC Addicts!
    Thats right, but I still used the c-clamp and then slowly released it once I had the center nut off. Just in case there was some built up pressure. Make sure the rear axle is dropped far enough and the leafs are completely neutral, otherwise the full leafs will be pretty hard to get out. I went through an ordeal with my back leafs during install, but I got it sorted.

Products Discussed in

To Top