Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Exercising my 4x4 pays off.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Exercising my 4x4 pays off.

So my buddy and I mud a bit on his property and I normally pull him so today I was going to give him a chance to pull me. It didn't work.
I hear of people having trouble engaging 4wd, so I every few weeks engage mine while in park, neutral, and drive I have found that it is now pretty darn smooth and quick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf1NG3tpi4k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5-NH8w0VGY

Oh yeah this is plenty of mud for me because I hate it. But I needed a fix of wheeling.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 06-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
gtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to behold
gtrotter's Tacoma Gallery
You know, around here we call that a road. lol just giving you a hard time, but seriously I have seen( and been one of them) guys taking cars through stuff like that down in the river bottoms.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
You ain't joking. I call that pretty boring. But there was no other legal place to go and I haven't been wheeling in about 2 months.I needed my damned fix! I don't know if this helped or made it worse. That's about 11 acres of plowed Cain field. The plow only passed once so the rows are pretty damn high still around 2' with a light powder on top. But the good note is that I noticed that my constant engage and disengaging of 4wd has payed off.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Boreing waste of gasoline!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Not really a waste of gas but since there is a tractor... get the back hoe out and make a mud hole!
Old 07-02-2010, 07:28 AM   #8
Poodoo

luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twfsa View Post
Boreing waste of gasoline!
Thanks for that comment it was very helpful. But on a side note when you start paying my bills and working for my money i'll then start taking your advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedToy View Post
Not really a waste of gas but since there is a tractor... get the back hoe out and make a mud hole!
This wasn't about having a bad ass place to wheel.We are actually trying to level off his property but had this very slightly muddy spot that aided me in getting a fix. I preffer rocks. I was simply showing that if you work your actuator your 4x has the abilitly to lock without any moving needed. I posted the videos to show that. There are many on here that seem to have trouble engaging 4wd.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:48 AM   #9
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Hey its a forum with opinions! Guess I probably should of said " I Don't Get it" so not to hurt your feelings, sorry dude!
Old 07-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #10
Poodoo

luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twfsa View Post
Hey its a forum with opinions! Guess I probably should of said " I Don't Get it" so not to hurt your feelings, sorry dude!
Your welcome to your opinion but the video was showing how quickly the actuator locked up the 4wd. Not how awsome of a mud puddle it was. A forum is like tv if you don't like what you see you can go check out a different thread, you don't have to post on everyone you look at.

I competely agree that was not a mudding video. If you want to share you opinion on the subject please go ahead. Does your actuator engage that quickly or does it give you trouble? If it is that quick do you also engage it frequently? That would pertain to the topic and maybe even aid those that only engage their 4wd in winter to see that doing more often may benefit them.