Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

A successful weekend of testing.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #41
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I saw this thread a while back. Are you gonna do the 1000?
Old 11-19-2008, 01:02 PM   #43
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that is sum build
Old 11-23-2008, 10:40 PM   #44
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone! I was out for this year's 1000 due to breakage at Barstow and a general lack of preparation on my part. The coming months are going to be spent upgrading weak points and preparing for next year's season. I hope to do 1 shorter race before the 1000. I'll keep everyone posted!
Old 11-24-2008, 12:07 AM   #45
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Get back out here!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:07 AM   #46
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
If you know what you're doing and can dedicate yourself to it full-time? Not that long. When you're learning as you go? Way longer than expected.

Since the cage is done and most of the static items are completed, this year is going to be spent almost exclusively on suspension and tuning. As I found in the first 5 minutes of testing, horsepower really does have little to do with going fast through the desert. It's all suspension. Getting the shocks valving just right and improving durability are key, so that's where I'm at. That, and learning how to drive and read terrain at speed.

The whole truck (the way it will be after the next round of updates) could probably be built in about 2 months assuming no vendor delays. Far more time than that should be spent testing. My goal this time around is to have the truck finished (again) this March and spend the rest of the year testing, fine-tuning shock valving, and looking for areas of improvement.

During that time I'll also take care of other details like getting a HAM radio license so I can get use a race radio, setting up the in-truck communications, buying and prepping a tow/chase vehicle, etc. Besides the truck not being complete, I am still unprepared at this point.