Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

First time Off Roading - (Video)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
ShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Cool First time Off Roading - (Video) Hungry Valley

Here is a video of me and my wife on our first time Off Road. Our friends were there with their FJ Cruiser since I already know you don't want to Off Road alone. My Tacoma is a 2007 Double Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road edition with everything stock. I hope to get some Rock Sliders and Skid Plates in the near future though. We bottomed out while starting out down a steep hill already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kctXhbkBf5s?fs=1
Old 10-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Your wife drive like my gramma.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaLor View Post
Here is a video of me and my wife on our first time Off Road. Our friends were there with their FJ Cruiser since I already know you don't want to Off Road alone. My Tacoma is a 2007 Double Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road edition with everything stock. I hope to get some Rock Sliders and Skid Plates in the near future though. We bottomed out while starting out down a steep hill already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kctXhbkBf5s?fs=1

first trail damage! hooray! lookin good!
Old 10-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #6
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
She did great. Next time throw in some loose rocks, big ruts, and creek crossings. You will love it
Old 10-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
ShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Your wife drive like my gramma.
She was pretty careful while off road, especially with this being our first time out driving. As far as her driving like your gramma......... well..........if you could only see her driving her Miata around. I honestly think that if she could start all over again, she would pursue a career as a race car driver. It is weird to see her drive so slow and cautious in the truck!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #8
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
cool vid man.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #9
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
fun isn't it?

be sure to check the so cal section, alot of members here head out to gorman fairly often

if you want to go with some tacoma's instead of an FJ...
Old 10-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #11

ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Very nice. I would invest in some tires as well. You will be surprised where that truck can take you as you progress.
Yeah, my wife even says in the video that Off Road tires would be a good idea! Any suggestions on tires? I am thinking of the BF Goodrich All Terrains. My friends has those on his FJ and he seems to like them. I don't plan on doing any lifts to the truck, so the stock size of 265 70R16 is probably what I will be sticking with. The ONLY lift that may be done is if I am able to buy the TSB rear springs from someone for cheap.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #12
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
cool vid dude! looks like you guys had fun
Old 10-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #13
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
looked fun... i like the Indiana Jones soundtrack!!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #15
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery

Great vid ... you should be a movie producer ...

Old 10-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #16
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Did you even really need to put it in 4x4? It's nice having 4x4 but I sort of agree with the prerunner guys a bit. I rarely have come across anything, with the exception of a slippery boat ramp where I have needed 4x4. My truck is slightly more modified than yours though. It is nice to know that you have it in the event that you ever need it though. Don't you agree?
Old 10-31-2010, 10:10 AM   #18
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you guys have fun... that is good.

Those roads can all be done in 2WD... so keep getting braver... the truck will surprise you as it is abale to go anywhere... Just go slow over rocks... use L4...

You can go to a 265/75-16 on stock and gain a 1/2" of ground clearance as the 75 aspect ratio is 1" taller than the stock 70 aspect ratio tire we have.

I am not a big fan of BFG, but they will probably do well for you. Hankook, Yokahama, General, Cooper and Toyo are also worth checking out.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:33 PM   #20
ibengineer will become famous soon enoughibengineer will become famous soon enough
ibengineer's Tacoma Gallery
should have gone with us this weekend - its a lot more fun when its a big mud hole out there

Products Discussed in this Thread