Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Gibson Cat-Back exhaust 2.4L

Old 08-04-2008, 09:04 AM   #1
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Gibson Cat-Back exhaust 2.4L

Heres a sound clip and a quick view of the exhaust on my truck.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t=100_0695.flv

Under the hood:
http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t=100_0696.flv

What you guys think?
Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
hey hey. very nice. also good music in back ground. kid rock rocks!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:54 AM   #3
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! It took about 3 hrs and the kit was missing a step-up connector from the stock pipe to the Gibson pipe. But, overall, it was a pretty easy install! I got quite a bit of welding time with welding up this pipe and gutting and welding up the cats on a freinds ranger. I highly reccomend this exhaust for the 2.4L owners out there. There was a slight increase in acceleration. But mostly, it improved the sound A LOT.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah man. i was highly considering a gibson for my 2.7. but i said nope i want louder. so i went with a jardine catback from urd. headers on down the road might help some too.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #5
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
I havent found any headers for my 2.4L except the shitty pacesetter ones. Any recommendations?
Old 08-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #7
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
HMM ill look into some new headers. Do you think it'll affect the current sound?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #9
Slow is on a distinguished road

Army: Gun-Bunny
Slow's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down just say no to gibson

Gibson sucks...sorry, put cat-back on my 1999 Mustang GT...the drone is HORRIBLE. Don'y even bother calling their customer service...once they got my money they were unavailable.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:37 AM   #10
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe Gibson sucks for Ford. Its pretty damn good for Toyota.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:28 AM   #11
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running Gibson on my 2006 and am very happy with it.

As for how it sounds on Fords, it was my saving grace on a 1995 F150 I had. I installed a full Bassani stainless system (headers, y-pipe, etc.) and the drone was downright painful in the diver's seat. The passenger seat was fine, but the reverberations were deafening from my seat. After I installed a set of 33" Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip tires the combination of tire hum and exhaust note was driving me nuts.

On a whim I cut out the Bassani muffler and installed a Gibson in its place. After that I only had to deal with tire hum. They advertise themselves as the quietest in-cab system and I have to agree with them.

Sorry it didn't work out on the Mustang!
Old 08-14-2008, 08:50 AM   #12
02TACO1984 is on a distinguished road

02TACO1984's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

i have this exhaust on my 2.7l and im very happy with it! good choice
obx makes a header for the 2.7 and the 2.4 they have good quality seen it first hand
Old 09-09-2008, 09:24 AM   #13
Slow is on a distinguished road

Army: Gun-Bunny
Slow's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down Gibson should do their homework...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow View Post
Gibson sucks...sorry, put cat-back on my 1999 Mustang GT...the drone is HORRIBLE. Don'y even bother calling their customer service...once they got my money they were unavailable.
Update: Gibson actually tried to "adjust" my system...as the lead designer agreed that it was a very uncomfortable dB level. Did not work...they told me I should return to my stock system and that they were going to look into the issue with their design team. Does not help me much.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #14
95Coma is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
95Coma's Tacoma Gallery
OP, what is your truck specs? V6? Auto/5spd? year? Im new here and have seen the Gibson name thrown around, trying to get a setup on mine pretty soon.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #15
WORD!?!
tacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tacoman355's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow View Post
I bought a gibson for my 03 taco 2.7 L. it made a huge difference in performance and sound. the flowmasters and magna flows sound too much like rice burners. plus i spent $300 for mine and the flowmasters and maganflows are $450 and up!!!