Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

2005 Tacoma Sound System

Old 11-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
littlejouf22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
littlejouf22's Tacoma Gallery
2005 Tacoma Sound System

Just thought Id show a quick video of the bass in my Tacoma. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCawdCOOqfo?fs=1
Old 11-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Only thing I can say is Why?
Old 11-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
thats too much slap for me. just enough bass is good, but still able to hear the words
Old 11-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #4
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc350 View Post
Only thing I can say is Why?
because he has his grad year thingy hanging from his rear view
Old 11-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Nobody does subs for sound quality anymore? If they sound like shit who cares how many people can hear them down the street.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
hey, if its what your into....... Any decibel readings?
Old 11-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #7
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
thats just ridiculous, do you really liten to it that loud when your driving? i have only 1 L5 12" and that hits good enough for me.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
Valdosta State University
Taco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Orrin
Taco GTR's Tacoma Gallery
whoa, and i thought my 12 in my reg cab was an overkill. geezz. but i use my sub for sound quality.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #9
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
i think it sounds good. when you take a video of car audio, the only thing the camera mic pics up is the bass. in real life, you can hear the words just fine.
i used to have 2 12" memphis pr-15 in my old car and yes they were loud as f**k but you could hear the words of the song just fine
here is my old car.....(and yes, i drove a pimped out daewoo lanos...suck it )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCQVp8VIJ5U?fs=1
Old 12-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #10
Mr.Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Mr.Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you dont line up at the ENT man.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:19 PM   #11
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Nobody does subs for sound quality anymore? If they sound like shit who cares how many people can hear them down the street.
JL and Focal still do SQ subs. I got a 13.5 JL w7 and it still has great sq
Old 12-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #12
VTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud of

Name: Pt.
VTGrrr's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds way distorted.
And I like things that go boom .
Old 12-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #13
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTGrrr View Post
Sounds way distorted.
And I like things that go boom .
Exactly what I heard. They don't understand. It isn't about how loud the crap is, it should have a clean boom to it. The box is probably tuned wrong for the subs and its just making a mess of sound waves. I like loud subs, but those sound terrible. 2 good subs in a sealed box is the way to go.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #14
Niles19 is on a distinguished road

Niles19's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds fishy (Bass) you mean Base. Because you really listen to it that loud while you drive, I must be old (and not a gangster).
Old 12-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #15
Public Servant Enemy #1
ISUGrad05 is on a distinguished road

ISUGrad05's Tacoma Gallery
LOL. I had a 12" Kicker Solo in my 1990 Honda Accord back in high school. That was over 10 years ago when they were still round instead of square. Now days I actually need the rear cab room to haul all of my equipment for work.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #16
littlejouf22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
littlejouf22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Exactly what I heard. They don't understand. It isn't about how loud the crap is, it should have a clean boom to it. The box is probably tuned wrong for the subs and its just making a mess of sound waves. I like loud subs, but those sound terrible. 2 good subs in a sealed box is the way to go.
The box is actually tuned to 32 Hertz at 4 cubic feet which are the right specifications for 2 10 inch L7s. And just so you know this video was taken with my phone so of course its going to sound distorted on video... in person it has great sound quality and hits low notes with great accuracy. I will tell you though that from my experimentation with different boxes a sealed box will yield more SQ than a ported box but will not have those rolling low bass notes. Its all about what you like man. If you like Sealed boxes thats great. They have more "punch" when the bass hits.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #17
They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.
billas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant future

Name: Joel
billas333's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to billas333
Not a fan, I have two 10" Shallow mount pioneers that rumble the shit out of my truck as is. Actually downgrading to one sub because that much bass is not needed is such a small space. Now if it were and Suburban or Excursion I could see that being a good setup. But for the taco its beyond redonk
Old 12-08-2010, 04:54 AM   #18
VTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud ofVTGrrr has much to be proud of

Name: Pt.
VTGrrr's Tacoma Gallery
Bass vs Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niles19 View Post
Sounds fishy (Bass) you mean Base. Because you really listen to it that loud while you drive, I must be old (and not a gangster).

Let see sitting next to me is a 5 string Bass(its a Musicman) to to be confused with a Bass as in fish .
Or a Base .
Base of the statue.Fire BASE .Base unit.