Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

top gear vs toyota truck

Old 08-16-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
top gear vs toyota truck

i dont know if this has gone around here before, but i thought i would share anyway.

i know its not a tacoma, but it simply amazing what the BBC tv show "top gear" did to this toyota truck... and the truck still ran.

3 parts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrk6vsb77xk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc4Ksz3nHM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfZDtC9kjVk

i wonder if the new tacomas would take that abuse?
Old 08-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
That's one of my favorite videos from Top Gear. It's been around a long time. If you watch the show ...you can see that truck in their studio.

I'm pretty sure that truck was a diesel. Those older toyota (diesel)trucks were bombproof! No way our newer trucks could handle that.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
it was diesel it was a 2L diesel (2.4L 4cyl) i actually put a L (2.2L 4 cyl) diesel in a 89 toyota truck... great engines
Old 10-19-2008, 05:25 PM   #4
GABoy is just really niceGABoy is just really niceGABoy is just really niceGABoy is just really nice

Name: Mark
GABoy's Tacoma Gallery
I love that top gear show. They come up with some crazy but entertaining challenges.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #5
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
Top Gear is one good show. Yup, 2.4l d hilux - an amazing machine. When I am up in Greenland that's what I drive around in, and old 2.4l diesel 4x4 hilux. I would love to import one. I can attest to it's toughness. US and Canada get the Tacoma, Mexico is the only country to get both the hilux and the Tacoma, and the rest of the world, gets the Hilux, it just isnt fair.