Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Offroading in Rio Puerco, New Mexico

Old 03-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Offroading in Rio Puerco, New Mexico

Thought I'd share a quick "no frills" video from my first off-road trip to Rio Puerco, New Mexico.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfTBcwkAHOs?fs=1
Old 03-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
cool place.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wile's Tacoma Gallery
It great. I've gone there twice now. I still haven't explored everything.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Nice dude, try going all the way up that slick rock next time!
Up that spot on the other side of my truck and to the left

And that video does not do those cliffs justice, they are HUGE!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
Back in the game!

Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Is that slick rock off the wash trail to the north? Or near snoopy rock? Nice truck btw!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile View Post
Is that slick rock off the wash trail to the north? Or near snoopy rock? Nice truck btw!
Thanks. I have no idea what snoopy rock is lol. Its over in the same are as all the slick rocks though. That first pic was taken facing north east.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
braaap

It is right along that vertical white stripe in the middle. Im thinking snoopy is the smaller one just south of the long line?
View Larger Map
Old 03-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Nice vid man! I've been shooting out there, but have yet to go all the way in and explore all the paths. It is really is a cool place!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:54 PM   #9
ignorance is bliss,
tacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st MLG, 7th ESB,Alpha Co.
Name: Josh
tacoman007's Tacoma Gallery
was out there for christmas with my uncles 4runner. We didn't go along the ridge trail that was to crazy for us. But the lower trails are fun, i grew up in gallup and moved to Alb's,then SD. i'm trying to get a trip together to hit up all the trails out there.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:50 AM   #10
Back in the game!

Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Thanks. I have no idea what snoopy rock is lol. Its over in the same are as all the slick rocks though. That first pic was taken facing north east.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
It is right along that vertical white stripe in the middle. Im thinking snoopy is the smaller one just south of the long line?
View Larger Map
Yup that's near Snoopy Rock. They call that set of slick rock "The Dragon's Back" I wanted to do that part when I wasn't alone. That area is a bit extreme for a stock truck. I'll try it when I have backup.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #11
Back in the game!

Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoridinhigh View Post
Cool vid!

I recognized a lot of the places in the video, but I've been out there so many times that it's boring to me now.
Where do you go now?
Old 03-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #12
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile View Post
Yup that's near Snoopy Rock. They call that set of slick rock "The Dragon's Back" I wanted to do that part when I wasn't alone. That area is a bit extreme for a stock truck. I'll try it when I have backup.
It was pretty scary in my stock truck lol. Still scary with it lifted.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #13
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
man that looks fun! great video. wish i lived out west
Old 03-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #14
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
My initiation to wheeling was in a buddy's 4 runner out there. We unfortunately had a little incident in the body shop, but still had a great time. I think I bught my TRD Taco a few months later. Climbed the dunes at the entrance with the dealer plates still on!

Cool place for sure, thanks for sharing the vid!
Old 03-20-2011, 01:15 AM   #15
Back in the game!

Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoridinhigh View Post
Sometimes Montessa, but that's only fun if there's mud, or I explore dirt roads in the Jemez. There's tons of crazy trails in Las Cruces and Farmington I hear.
I've been up near Jemez. Did some trails in the White Mesa area. Not bad, lots off dirt service roads going for miles. I also did the Cedro Peak run just East of ABQ off of i-40. That was pretty cool with some interesting rock hill climbs. We should get a meet together with all the TW locals sometime.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:16 AM   #16
Back in the game!

Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
My initiation to wheeling was in a buddy's 4 runner out there. We unfortunately had a little incident in the body shop, but still had a great time. I think I bught my TRD Taco a few months later. Climbed the dunes at the entrance with the dealer plates still on!

Cool place for sure, thanks for sharing the vid!
Got any pics from the incident? What happened?
Old 09-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #18
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody4343 View Post
I can't watch this video from my phone is it on youtube
Yeah, it's a youtube video.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #20
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody4343 View Post
I can't find it what's the title
It's called: Rio Puerco (take one)

This is from a few months ago, btw. not our recent meet... that video is still coming