Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Carrizo creek Anza Borrego

Old 03-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Fun... I been in Carrizo when the water was about a foot deep for a mile ... all the way to the stage coach stop site... I have a virtual geocache there since about 2001 or 2.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Fun... I been in Carrizo when the water was about a foot deep for a mile ... all the way to the stage coach stop site... I have a virtual geocache there since about 2001 or 2.

Hi David, yeah it woulda been nice if a little more was there but it was fun as hell, my first time running it.

Matt was telling me about those geocache adventures he does that alot I guess. We covered approx. 130-135 miles of just OFFROADING on Matts birthday, started into Oriflame Canyon from the Banner store side & came out on the S-2, 12.5 miles one way (I thought it was further but I was just guessing before) Canyon Sin Nombre, Carrizo creek,Carrizo wash, little Carrizo creek, & 3 or 4 other trails I forget the names.

We went into Borrego Springs late in the afternoon & were thinking about hitting Clark dry lake & a few around there but we were all actually getting pretty tired, long long awesome day though.....
Old 03-30-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Certainly I'm not familiar with the area and I wasn't there and can't know all the details but to me it seems you were spinning your tires a lot in the first video. I'm not trying to call you out or criticize but everyone hates ruts and it seems to me this is how they get formed. 4wd is easier on trails like this, both on your vehicle and the trails. Looks like fun though.

-Max
Old 03-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Certainly I'm not familiar with the area and I wasn't there and can't know all the details but to me it seems you were spinning your tires a lot in the first video. I'm not trying to call you out or criticize but everyone hates ruts and it seems to me this is how they get formed. 4wd is easier on trails like this, both on your vehicle and the trails. Looks like fun though.

-Max

Oh, no worries . Its pretty much totally sand base with rock subbase, so even though it may seem like we're rutting the hell out of it I promise you that as soon as the trucks get thru it & the water settles , it goes right back into place which I thought was kinda strange also, its the beauty of sand I guess..
Old 03-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Oh, no worries . Its pretty much totally sand base with rock subbase, so even though it may seem like we're rutting the hell out of it I promise you that as soon as the trucks get thru it & the water settles , it goes right back into place which I thought was kinda strange also, its the beauty of sand I guess..
Good deal. I retract my comments. I still maintain it looks like fun though!
Old 03-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #7
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah it is def. fun. Best time to hit this place is right after a rain, it fills up anywhere from 1' -2' ft of water & like David said its about a mile or more long, I'm going to do it at night soon, really trippy from vids I've seen..
Old 03-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Carrizo from space!

Up high, north at top... Hwy. s-2 on left, Carrizo Stage Station site on right, and Diablo Drop Off up north, beyond the mud caves...

Now turned east, towards Salton Sea... over Carrizo Wash:

The next 6 images are down close, just above the road/ creek, heading east:

East of Carrizo Stage Station is the 'Forbidden Zone'... a former bombing range, cleaned up and opened once only to have some idiot find a shell and hit it with a hammer... boom. Closed back up... sadly!
Old 03-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #9
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Up high, north at top... Hwy. s-2 on left, Carrizo Stage Station site on right, and Diablo Drop Off up north, beyond the mud caves...

Now turned east, towards Salton Sea... over Carrizo Wash:

The next 6 images are down close, just above the road/ creek, heading east:

East of Carrizo Stage Station is the 'Forbidden Zone'... a former bombing range, cleaned up and opened once only to have some idiot find a shell and hit it with a hammer... boom. Closed back up... sadly!
No shit huh, it figures...