Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

The Waterfall at Gold Bar Rim in Moab

Old 07-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
The Waterfall at Gold Bar Rim in Moab

Just a quick little climb. Had to pile a couple rocks to get the front up a few inches. Even with 3" lift and 33" tires, the stock bumper hit the rock surface before the tires made contact with the base.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhLnVSdjS9s
Old 07-13-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
nice man! not to steal your thread but here is our waterfall in oregon at our last TW meet.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post3305728
Old 07-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
nice man! not to steal your thread but here is our waterfall in oregon at our last TW meet.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post3305728
Yeah, that moves the needle a little more to the "hardcore" side than this.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:17 AM   #5
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
damn dude, thats impressive. those fender flares look awesome, where did you get those at

my build
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ere-build.html
Old 07-14-2011, 07:23 AM   #6
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
The fender flares are bushwackers. They cover about 3/4" more than the stock flares. So if you're sticking out just a little, they'll cover you. If I drop a coin from the flare, it still hits the sidewall. (At least it doesn't hit the tread block.)
Old 07-14-2011, 07:30 AM   #7
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
The fender flares are bushwackers. They cover about 3/4" more than the stock flares. So if you're sticking out just a little, they'll cover you. If I drop a coin from the flare, it still hits the sidewall. (At least it doesn't hit the tread block.)
what website did you get them from and are they the cut outs or the pocket style? Also did they come painted or did you have them painted yourself
Old 07-14-2011, 08:23 AM   #8
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
what website did you get them from and are they the cut outs or the pocket style? Also did they come painted or did you have them painted yourself
I bought them off of Truck Alterations, IIRC. The come black, so I didn't paint them. If you look through my old threads, you'll find the thread where I talk a little about installing them. I was pretty disappointed that they didn't provide more coverage than they do, but at least it is more coverage than stock.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #9
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
Where was the TW invite for another Moab trip? J/K look good!

Any other pics / video from your trip?
Here's another one from Fins N Things.

I took the first cut a little slow and ended up killing the motor, so I had to take a second cut with a little more momentum. Old and slow, I'll never be the guy who breaks something by jamming on too much skinny pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtq3RVaQGow
Old 07-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #10
tacoma-king has a spectacular aura abouttacoma-king has a spectacular aura about

tacoma-king's Tacoma Gallery
there is a lot to by said about controlling how much skinny peddle you use
i have gone up hills and over other things easier then rigs build up way more then my truck just because i was smart about when and how much skinny peddle i used
Old 07-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #11
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma-king View Post
there is a lot to by said about controlling how much skinny peddle you use
i have gone up hills and over other things easier then rigs build up way more then my truck just because i was smart about when and how much skinny peddle i used
well said...aint that the truth