Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Ocotillo Wells MEGA slip n Slide

Old 08-22-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
torx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trav
torx82's Tacoma Gallery
Ocotillo Wells MEGA slip n Slide

Check out the video I did for our yearly slip n slide on August 6th built down blowsand. Reached about 700-800 feet this year with some reaching speeds around 30+ MPH.

Not Tacoma related but I made sure to edit a tacoma in the video for this purpose!!!

It will be happening again next year and will of course will be bigger and better and best of all everyone is invited!!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsc2hMk4XFY
Old 08-22-2011, 11:43 PM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
That looks so fun...

I've always wanted to be a penguin.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 PM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
That was definitely sig worthy.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:55 PM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Wow!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #9
Defined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
Defined's Tacoma Gallery
yet another thing to do in ocotillo. nice! at first i was thinking , the backside of blowsand but this seems a lot safer .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
you wont have to use A-Trac to get up this hill. your going have to use your chevorlegs.
naaa, i make it up 4x open diff no problem. almost made it all the way to the top on 2wd but the turn around at the top killed the momentum.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #10
torx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to behold
torx82's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Defined;3624518]yet another thing to do in ocotillo. nice! at first i was thinking , the backside of blowsand but this seems a lot safer .

We did the steep side down blowsand the last 2 years. But at the length this year we thought the steep side would be way too fast!!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #11
Defined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
Defined's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=torx82;3625017]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defined View Post
yet another thing to do in ocotillo. nice! at first i was thinking , the backside of blowsand but this seems a lot safer .

We did the steep side down blowsand the last 2 years. But at the length this year we thought the steep side would be way too fast!!
the backside of blowsand i was referring to is the "luge track " as i call it that drops you off at the cove. i think that would be epic. could one up travis pastrana with his nitro circus slip-n-bleed!

oh man i dropped down on the left side of the back of blowsand in my raptor a few years ago . it was too steep and soft to get back up so i had to ride down the bolder strewn goat trail. good times! i love ocotillo wells.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #14
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
thats so sick! you guys should do this at the superstition meet
Old 08-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #15
torx82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Where you guys gettin the water from? Are there some wells you tap into?
Yeah, Desert Ironwoods in Ocotillo Wells sponsored the event and they supplied the water. They have a well and it was their water truck. By the time the day was done I think we went through 4 refills on the truck.

Next year we are trying to get a filter system rigged so we can recycle some of the water in the landing. Their was too much sand in it to do it this last time because the plastic in the landing was leaking really bad. But that will all be fixed for next year.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #18
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Looks fun. A little rough at the end though lol