Old 09-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
scalfee90 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
scalfee90's Tacoma Gallery
Nissan Titan vs Toyota Tacoma

Found this video on the tube. Thought it was pretty interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Kcdv2oJV6oQ
Old 09-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Seen this vid lots of times. Nissans aint got shit on Toyota, the 5.6 in the Nissan is a pretty big engine with not that much power, except the GTR
Old 09-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Ha! I traded in my 05 Titan for my 09 taco
Old 09-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Dude with the Tacoma has nice wheels.

Enduros FTW.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #7
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
i like at the end how he makes excuses as to why he lost!
LOL..Bad start my ass! This was fun to watch and felt a little Taco pride in the beginning cause I knew how it would end.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #8
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
im surprised at the outcome. Happy, just surprised being that the taco was lifted with larger ~33" tires..... My truck seems SLOW compared to before the 35's.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #9
tacoma-king has a spectacular aura abouttacoma-king has a spectacular aura about

tacoma-king's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDguyKC View Post
im surprised at the outcome. Happy, just surprised being that the taco was lifted with larger ~33" tires..... My truck seems SLOW compared to before the 35's.
he may have re geared to make up for the bigger tires
Old 09-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
That's suprising...I had both an '04 and '08 Nissan Armada (same 5.6 V8) and it was fast for a huge SUV. I raced a Charger with the V8 and beat it by 2 car lengths and also a few built up Civic's
Old 09-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #11
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
That's suprising...I had both an '04 and '08 Nissan Armada (same 5.4 V8) and it was fast for a huge SUV. I raced a Charger with the V8 and beat it by 2 car lengths and also a few built up Civic's
Armada should b the 5.6?
Old 09-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
Armada should b the 5.6?
Oops, yeah the same 5.6
Old 09-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #13
youradhere is on a distinguished road
youradhere's Tacoma Gallery
Hey-- thats Irwindale Speedway/Toyota Speedway in SoCal

Never knew people ran trucks up there (I'm new to the truck world haha)
Old 09-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by youradhere View Post
Hey-- thats Irwindale Speedway/Toyota Speedway in SoCal

Never knew people ran trucks up there (I'm new to the truck world haha)
More slow Tacoma action at Irwindale. There are only my 2wd runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDxpa...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcXII...e_gdata_player
Old 09-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #15
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
More slow Tacoma action at Irwindale. There are only my 2wd runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDxpa...e_gdata_player
^bad start
Old 09-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #16
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
^bad start
In 2wd and lack of power.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:36 PM   #17
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Next time you complain about a flimsy hood or a bent tailgate, think about this video. 4000 lb curb weight goes a long way.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #18
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
My 05 Titan was A LOT faster than my 10 Tacoma. I would say stock for stock the Tacoma would loose.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #19
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
That's suprising...I had both an '04 and '08 Nissan Armada (same 5.6 V8) and it was fast for a huge SUV. I raced a Charger with the V8 and beat it by 2 car lengths and also a few built up Civic's
The 5.6 isnt really a good engine. It sounds good stock but its a big engine with not so much power. it only had 317 stock HP compared to the chevy 5.3 if i recall has 320 hp and the Dodge Hemi 5.7 at the time had 345. and then theres the Toyota 5.7 has 381 stock.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
The 5.6 isnt really a good engine. It sounds good stock but its a big engine with not so much power. it only had 317 stock HP compared to the chevy 5.3 if i recall has 320 hp and the Dodge Hemi 5.7 at the time had 345. and then theres the Toyota 5.7 has 381 stock.
Although I had 2 Nissan's and they were both lemons I would have to say the powertrain was awesome on them. Very capable and could tow like no other (this was in '05 to '08), but times have changed. Chevy, Dodge, Ford and Toyota have all improved their engines while Nissan is still using the same 5.4 from 2004. Currently the Chevy 5.3 has 315 hp but only 335 lb-ft of torque compared to the Nissan's 317 hp and 385 lb-ft torque. Until Toyota came out with the new 5.7 in the Tundra I would have to say Nissan had the strongest V8 on the market.