LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

THIS is Off-Roading!!

Old 09-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
THIS is Off-Roading!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VtVr...eature=related

Okay, well not on a truck, but this is my other off-road hobby. I don't exactly ride as fast as this guy but I can dream...
Old 09-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Those guys are almost as crazy as the guys who enter the Red Bull Rampage.

http://youtu.be/DwTkaLD-rPU
Old 09-19-2011, 11:52 PM   #3
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Huh, freeriding. They other "white" meat. Now this is downright nuts. Its not about speed here but about points for the craziest most difficult line down the hill.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
They... fucking... raped... my ears...

Apart from that, AWESOME!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:06 AM   #6

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Sea Otter. Good spectator course. More like a BMX course than a downhill course. And most years it's muddy as heck.

Have you ridden that DH trail in Santa Barbara? I've seen it on some videos. Looks technical.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:08 AM   #7
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VtVr...eature=related

Okay, well not on a truck, but this is my other off-road hobby. I don't exactly ride as fast as this guy but I can dream...
Yeah its crazy doing DH but its even crazier doing DH in mud and rain thats is just mind boggling control

Havent been in the seen for a few years, is Gee Atherton(sp) still racing?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:14 AM   #8

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Mud and rain. They go together with World Cup racing. Did you see that huge tail whip he did over that last big air jump (@ 2:17)? And in the pouring rain no less. I haven't seen that much of win since Nicolas Vouillous.

Yes, all three Athertons race, Dan, Gee, and Rachel. She's fast as hell. Certainly whips my arse on a bike.

For the love of DH, this is why rock crawling bores me. Give me speed.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #9
DonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonnoD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: don
DonnoD's Tacoma Gallery
"look at that whip.. whaaaaaat the hell! how does danny hart sit down with balls that big?!" lmao!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:25 AM   #10
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
it's sheer control, geezus, and i thought i was technical in the alleyway as a kid popping wheelies on big rocks
Old 09-20-2011, 12:31 AM   #11
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznutx View Post
it's sheer control, geezus, and i thought i was technical in the alleyway as a kid popping wheelies on big rocks
Yeah didnt we all
Old 09-20-2011, 12:35 AM   #12
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
OMG thats amazing...

Taking the bike out tomorrow
Old 09-20-2011, 12:37 AM   #13

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
Yeah didnt we all
I see you're on the Big Island. I used to live Oahu back the day. Unreal kine times. I got into downhill racing big time there, at Waimea. You race too?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #14
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I see you're on the Big Island. I used to live Oahu back the day. Unreal kine times. I got into downhill racing big time there, at Waimea. You race too?
Where at? There was a place in Aiea I used to go (not Aiea loop)
Old 09-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #15

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
The racing was in the back of Waimea Park, which is now closed. They used to have those dive shows there for the tourists. We're talking 1995-2003-ish. I raced from 1996-2000 there.

In 1996 there was a World Cup DH race at St. Louis Heights. That was cool cuz my friends and I built many of those trails they rode on.

In Aiea I only remember the Loop trail. There's also Royal Summit closeby.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #16
Senior NEWBIE

Quote:
Nah im not into the racing kinda deal, my friend is, im more of the ride for your own satisfaction kinda rider, you know da kine where you walk your bike up a hill for 20 mins then come down in like 5 and say...........FUCK YEAH and do it all over again lol lol

I moved here from Oahu, i lived in waipio gentry so Mililani trails was my back yard LITERALLY, less then 5 min bike ride to get to there. My main track i liked was Royal summit since that to was pretty close, nice ride there, i did Saint louis a few times good shit there too but then i moved right when i started really getting into it and surprisingly enough here on the bigisland no more that kind of riding, here its mostly cross countrywhich to me is gay so my bike is just sitting
Old 09-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #17

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, cool. So you know the St. Louis trails then. Those trails were so unreal!! Get choke rocks, roots, mud sometimes. I loved that place and still do.

You know Mililani is all gone now. Mostly developed. What trails are left are not really maintained and so overgrown, it's not worth riding unless you want to get your arms cut up by the California grass.

You BI is not a mountain bike island. Even back in the day, some of the racers would fly over to Waimea. Shucks yeah. I remember I rode every single trail on Oahu and never got bored. The bestest of times...
Old 09-20-2011, 12:57 AM   #18
Senior NEWBIE

Quote:
Wow, cool. So you know the St. Louis trails then. Those trails were so unreal!! Get choke rocks, roots, mud sometimes. I loved that place and still do.

You know Mililani is all gone now. Mostly developed. What trails are left are not really maintained and so overgrown, it's not worth riding unless you want to get your arms cut up by the California grass.

You BI is not a mountain bike island. Even back in the day, some of the racers would fly over to Waimea. Shucks yeah. I remember I rode every single trail on Oahu and never got bored. The bestest of times...
Actually Mililani is booming now their are so many places still but its not DH which sucks, its more CC, in fact my friend the one that races he was actually my neighbor back in waipio so he and a couple other riders go there to weed eat and cut trees and establish new trails. From what he tells me its nice, not manicured, but nice

Yeah to bad no more good riding ares here and yeah lol i wish i was back on Oahu to ride, but not to live
Old 09-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #19
Mililani trails has too many douche bag marines hiking the tails to go fast and not hit anyone

Old 09-20-2011, 01:00 AM   #20
Senior NEWBIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Mililani trails has too many douche bag marines hiking the tails to go fast and not hit anyone