Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Arctic Tacoma build goes to south pole!

Old 12-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #41
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon H View Post
A number of my friends have 1st gens and have been through some very difficult obstacles and have broke a number of CV's. It has nothing to do with wheel spin. In fact they have become quite experts in changing them in under 45 minutes in the trail. The 2nd Gen CV's are WAY stronger. I've been through some very difficult obstacles and had the front locked and never broke one.
They should be stronger, the 2nd gen weights 1500# + more. There are plenty of people that wheel with 35" tires and one that wheels with 37" tires and know how to control their wheel spin so they don't break. It is about wheel spin, period.

[QUOTE=maxamillion2345;4203773]that first video reminds me of this

http://youtu.be/s94UNNBzZu4[/QUOTE]

Old 12-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #42
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
My taco weighs in at 5935 with all the armor. It's a heavy bitch. And wheelspin? These guys broke them on trails with no spin and wheels straight.

What is this video showing??? Look like a mall parking lot filled with snow
Old 12-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #45
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
http://expeditiontothesouthpole.com/.../introduction/

FASTER
The power per kilo of a rally car, supercharged 320 bhp, 4L V6 engine
44" wheels, 32 gears and custom axles for the toughest terrain
Lightest, fastest polar vehicle yet, bringing totally new levels of performance to polar travel
Durable long travel suspension systems with adjustable settings for conditions

SAFER
The very latest in real-time GPS Satellite communications and tracking
Crevasse-protection bars and anti-slide snow anchors
Crush-proof passenger cabin providing unparalleled levels of safety and visibility
Real time GPS tracking with navigation and weather updating
Intelligent in -car safety system monitors

GREENER
Solar panels: power systems when the engine's off
Low-CO2 biofuel engine for a minimal carbon profile
2150 litre fuel capacity: uses half the fuel of similar vehicles
Old 12-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #46
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #47
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #48
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Are my eyes deceiving me or do I see body lift?
Old 12-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #49
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I noticed it too but i'm not so sure. I think its just because the 44's bring that frame off the ground so much.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #50
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Yup, that's a body lift...kinda sad, but I guess they wanted the 44's
Old 12-17-2011, 10:41 PM   #51
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Yup, that's a body lift...kinda sad, but I guess they wanted the 44's
Im guessing the body lift was used to allow plenty of space for the large tires to bounce up and down. The big light tires are also essential to be able to float on top of the snow.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #52
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Im guessing the body lift was used to allow plenty of space for the large tires to bounce up and down. The big light tires are also essential to be able to float on top of the snow.
Yeah, they made a whole new bed and fenders/hood so really only the cab is on the body lift.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #53

Noooooooooooo!

I mean it's still awesome, just a little less awesome now.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:34 PM   #54
blue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue86gt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
blue86gt's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #55
tacoma-king has a spectacular aura abouttacoma-king has a spectacular aura about

tacoma-king's Tacoma Gallery
a body lift leaves the frame motor and trans closer to the ground giving u the ability to get bigger tires on while keeping a lower center of gravity
Old 12-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #56
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Arctic Trucks have always used body lifts on the trucks they build. It's a necessity in order to fit the tires they need to run. But they also reinforce the mounts and are using a little more than some taller poly bushings and longer bolts.

You have to remember that these are very specialized trucks built for a specific purpose and environment. The travel they typically do with the artic trucks has MUCH less frame flex than the typical trail running we do here in the states. So while the body lift may still not be ideal it is less of an issue for them.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #57
goest89 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alberto
goest89's Tacoma Gallery
veri impress

im just learning all this stuff i drive a 2008 prerruner tacoma, and when i see these trucks, i really fell like i need a 4x4 dudes, im going for it, 2012 4x4 package very soon (y) gl to every body from la paz mexico : beto
Old 01-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #58
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
I want that truck. I wonder if I could get one of the many fabricators on here to do a similar rear bumper/bed setup...

then we can make our own meet at the south pole!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #59
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Sick!
Old 04-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #60
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
sub