Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Helicopter delivered my snowmobile to my Tacoma

Old 02-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
Rez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rez's Tacoma Gallery
Helicopter delivered my snowmobile to my Tacoma

Couple of weeks ago went snowmobiling, after riding about 120km into the Ice cap my engine died.
Towed it for about 30km back but caused more damage to my sled and my buddies sleds.
Next day had a chopper evacuate my sled and land it to the back of my Taco..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5phRxJs5ZY
Old 02-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Damn how much that cost?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
whoaaaaaaa
Old 02-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
That was so awesome!!

Sucks but still pretty awesome lol
Old 02-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
That is awesome but thats a serious flaw of that snowmobile if they are known to have the crankshaft seize.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
hellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
hellrazor004's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. Always wanted to do something like that.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #8
Rez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shedRez is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
Damn how much that cost?

lets not talk about it... still hurts, even after getting 70% off beacuse the Pilot was my buddy
Old 02-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
Rez's Tacoma Gallery
Sled buddies donated me lots of parts, so now its all fixed and runs a lot better than before. actually beats most of buddies' sled now
Old 02-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #10
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
That was pretty sweet though
Old 02-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
hellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez View Post
lets not talk about it... still hurts, even after getting 70% off beacuse the Pilot was my buddy
I sure hope it wasn't that much. I would have gone back and picked up some sort of sled to pick the track up. Pulling a sled with a stuck track, or free spinning is not fun.

My gearbox locked up once, lucky for me I was close enough to the trail I was able to drive the truck back and drag it back to the trailer.

Edit: then again, ~60 miles is a hike.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
take the belt off?
You still have to get the track to move freely...those things are heavy and there is a lot of friction involved.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #14
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
that's crazy!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #15
Rez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrazor004 View Post
I sure hope it wasn't that much. I would have gone back and picked up some sort of sled to pick the track up. Pulling a sled with a stuck track, or free spinning is not fun.

My gearbox locked up once, lucky for me I was close enough to the trail I was able to drive the truck back and drag it back to the trailer.

Edit: then again, ~60 miles is a hike.
ya, best way to tow is to have the track of the broken sled on top of the tunnel of tow sled. so it only ride on its skis.. that way there is no dragging anymore.

but where we were had few very steep climb that solo sled would barley do, so chopper was the only way out
Old 02-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #16
Rez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrazor004 View Post
You still have to get the track to move freely...those things are heavy and there is a lot of friction involved.
yip, of course belt off.

but buddy blow his belt towing my sled.

at the end, I had cracked frame, bent Aarm, broken hood...
buddies blow blet, broke bumper, broke panel for towing
Old 02-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #17
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
That's cool sure wish we had some snow.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #19
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, that seems like a lot of helicopter to pick that sled. A couple hours of Astar time ain't cheap, even with the best buddy discount.

Was this on the Pemby ice cap?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #20
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
really cool video man. 120km would be a LONG way to tow a sled!

------

I know that the average medical transport around here is $20k-$30K to go 30 miles or so.

Only about 2K of that goes to actual advanced life support cost