Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

How NOT to Load a Motorcycle Into a Tacoma

Old 05-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #21
034RUNNER is on a distinguished road
034RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
At least the bike was nothing special.

But geez, did he really think that was going to go over well? "Yea, just let me run as fast as I can than SLAM into this ramp"....what if the bike DID get up the ramp? It would have fell down regardless. Idiot! Just have two people (not incl camera person) stand around while you attempt that........smart.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #22
n0ms is on a distinguished road
Name: Angel
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
I like how the guy in the back was just watching and waiting.
He couldn't even pick his own bike up; bet his gf is some fine Asian tho.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:48 AM   #23
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Saw something much worse while managing a truck rental company years ago. Guy reserved a truck without a lift or ramp and then rode a brand new street bike with the idea of putting it in back of the truck for the drive home. He asked if we had a ramp he could use. We didn't. Our yard guy (rather stupidly - he never rode a bike) offered a 2x8" wood plank instead, which the guy happily accepted. His bike was clearly too heavy for that wood plank. Regardless, he leaned that plank into the bed of the truck and got ready to ride his bike up.

I walked into the office (right beside the truck) from the other side of the building just as he started up the makeshift ramp. He got about two thirds of the way up before he hesitated (stopped) as the plank started bouncing up and down. He had no place to put his feet down. As he fell over, the plank actually acted like a trampoline, flipping the bike's tires into the air. The bike (and him) landed nearly upside down on the curb (windshield, handlebar, mirrors, instrument display, tail-piece, & tank), bounced, and then flipped hard on it's side (fairing, muffler & foot peg). He jumped free of the bike as it was falling, so only had a few scratches and scrapes from the pavement.

It was a very nice bike, but now looked like it had been in an accident with another vehicle. Afterwards, used another truck with a hoist to load the bike into the truck. Don't know how he got the bike out of the truck once he arrived home.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:10 AM   #24
Have a coke and a smile and shut the f#%k up!
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
hogeyphenogey's Tacoma Gallery
After that mess, he could've pulled into his driveway and just pushed the bike out. It's not like the additional damage would matter!
Old 05-15-2012, 03:53 AM   #25
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LOL. You've got a point there. Perhaps I should have said don't know how he originally planned (prior to botched Evel Knievel stunt) to get that bike out of the truck.

Man, that bike was really messed up. Bits and pieces all over the place. I rode a bike at that time as well, so will never forget it.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #26
MagnecticgraySR5 is on a distinguished road

MagnecticgraySR5's Tacoma Gallery
Woooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww, thats a first....
Old 05-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #28
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Agree that was pretty stupid--But the bitch LAUGHING--give her a fucking SMACK.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #30
livinglegend20 is on a distinguished road

Name: Art
livinglegend20's Tacoma Gallery
He put a shame to all the taco owners out there by failing at putting his bike in the back...
Old 05-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by newertoy View Post
Agree that was pretty stupid--But the bitch LAUGHING--give her a fucking SMACK.
Hey, she was just doing what many of us were doing while watching the video.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #32
blitton08 is a jewel in the roughblitton08 is a jewel in the roughblitton08 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
blitton08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
OMG. imo if you cant drive it up that, you shouldnt own one.
so true
Old 06-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #33
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
OMG. imo if you cant drive it up that, you shouldnt own one.
Lol Coming from a guy who spend 12k on a street bike at 18 years old, i'd never risk driving it up the ramp when it could easily fall, let alone into a 2ft bed!!! If you plan on loading a bunch of bikes and shit into your truck why even lift it...
Either way that kids a moron!!! Just the first 2 seconds of him pushing the bike freaked me out!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #34
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Even if it did go straight up the ramp .What the hell was he going to do when his body hits the tailgate and his arms are stretched . What a douche
He was destined to fail. Either way the end result would have been just as retarded.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #35
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
id like to point out the lack of damage to the tailgate... and DERP
Old 06-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #37
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
There are videos on Youtube showing how to do it properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nElHAJqfrjA

If I had to do this often, I'd get get an $80 utility winch mounted to the front end of the bed.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #38
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
Lol. I have the same ramp. That knuckle head could've WALKED the bike up the ramp ,using the bikes engine....
Exactly
Old 06-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #39
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post

This is definitely not a PROPER way to do it! If people try this many will fail and they will fall with the bike on top of them...The best way is to either be a beef cake and push it up the ramp (Engine off), or use a nearby stopwall for a flat or close to flat entrance.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #40
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
You can drive/ride a bike up a ramp like that? I mean as in straddled like you would ride normally.
I've done it, pretty stupid, but it works. you need enough speed to get up the ramp, then you can't stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
Lol. I have the same ramp. That knuckle head could've WALKED the bike up the ramp ,using the bikes engine....
This is how i do it all the time. No issues, load it by myself all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post

If I had to do this often, I'd get get an $80 utility winch mounted to the front end of the bed.
This works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
This is definitely not a PROPER way to do it! If people try this many will fail and they will fall with the bike on top of them...The best way is to either be a beef cake and push it up the ramp (Engine off), or use a nearby stopwall for a flat or close to flat entrance.

The best way is not to "beef cake" it up the ramp. you have more of a chance to screwing it up just like the DA in the OP. With the engine and some decent throttle/clutch control, it's easy to do this way. I do it the same way all the time and even without the steps to get into the bed. (i'm 6'5 so i can just step up into the bed.)