Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

well, shit. need some help guys (and gals)

Old 05-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #61
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
So I gotta ask, you're fixing this w/o insurance I assume? Most are pretty explicit now days about any sort of speed contests. Driving schools can still be the exception since there no timing and there are instructors, even though you are blowing around a track at 100mph.

As for the ding, well, as they say, that's racin'! And nobody today who earns a buck stomping the go pedal got there w/o wrinkling some sheet metal. So don't sweat it. Sucks but at least no one got hurt. Easier to replace truck parts than it is to replace people parts.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #62
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

Edit: I just noticed the blower. Ok maybe slicks will help but still you need to practice launching.
Launched at 2000rpm's. Maybe 1500 next time. The thing that gets me is I don't burn nearly that bad on the street. I'll catch mid way through 2nd gear on the street but on the track it instantly red lined. That's y I was barely moving lol
Old 05-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #63
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
Launched at 2000rpm's. Maybe 1500 next time. The thing that gets me is I don't burn nearly that bad on the street. I'll catch mid way through 2nd gear on the street but on the track it instantly red lined. That's y I was barely moving lol
Maybe use half throttle until the tires find traction. So you launch at half and the tires spin for a bit then catch. When they catch you mash it. 2nd gear time comes and use 75% throttle until the tires catch then mash it. Modulate the throttle the whole way. Give a short burnout in the box just to clean the tires.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #64
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Give a short burnout in the box just to clean the tires.
yea i knew that. street tires release oils making them worse when they are super hot
Old 05-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #65
tacoma-king has a spectacular aura abouttacoma-king has a spectacular aura about

tacoma-king's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
the street is no where near as smooth as a track. launching on the street is like launching on sandpaper.
launching on a new smooth track is like launching on ice. just got to learn to only put down the power the track and your set up can handle.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #66
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the vid was in slow-mo lol
Old 05-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #67
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
Looks like the vid was in slow-mo lol
Yea lol. That's my buddy's g8. He runs high 11's. We just ran for fun cause we were the only two street cars there
Old 05-31-2012, 09:56 PM   #68
spitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspitfire501 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austin
spitfire501's Tacoma Gallery
at least you were number 69?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #69
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
The track? I see no track here. I see a drag strip. A track is going around corners IMO. Anywho... You should do track racing, way more fun
Old 06-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #70
jkcnet is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
jkcnet's Tacoma Gallery
So I closed my garage door on my week old Tacoma, so it can happen to the best of us.
At least you were having fun, just before....BAM, I'll bet that was the longest 2.5 seconds of your life.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #71
skeezix is on a distinguished road
skeezix's Tacoma Gallery
Make up a list of Toyota part numbers for everything you need. You can find illustrated parts breakdowns on the sites I listed. Then, Visit several online stores that sell genuine Toyota parts and get your prices. I usually use the following because their prices are pretty much the same. If you think they are high, then call your friendly Toyota Dealer and get a quote: www.toyotapartszone.com www.toyotapartszone.com www.toyotapartscheap It looks like your bumper saved your fender, so that's something. About your comments about the wife - I hear ya, Dude. And after 45 years I'm still gettin' 'em. One learns to tune out... Hope you get your stuff all worked out...