Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Can I climb this with a stock TRD Prerunner?

Old 07-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #41
LaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LaRue Shooter's Tacoma Gallery
This is turning out like one of those AR vs. AK threads that always happen on gun forums.

Thank you to those with useful input. Again, I'll be getting out there a little later in the year with my pointless truck and having some fun.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #42
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
ive done steeper in my OR. Locked of course. just get some good offroad tires and you'll be fine
agreed
Old 07-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #43
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
4LO is too low
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Yep

Fuck that made me laugh

X2
Old 07-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #44
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue Shooter View Post
This is turning out like one of those AR vs. AK threads that always happen on gun forums.

Thank you to those with useful input. Again, I'll be getting out there a little later in the year with my pointless truck and having some fun.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #45
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stowayman View Post
Owning a pre-runner is like being a Canadian... what's the point
The point is I can come down there and buy property of your bankrupt asses.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #46
Halo913 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adrian
Halo913's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
You do realize there is more than one type of off road right? Some people like high speed, and in that case 4wd is as pointless as the Canadian
So having a 4x4 is the best of both worlds. U can go fast and when needed put it into 4x4. Sucks only having one option. Epic fail on this comment u posted
Old 07-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #47
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo913 View Post
So having a 4x4 is the best of both worlds. U can go fast and when needed put it into 4x4. Sucks only having one option. Epic fail on this comment u posted
Some people live in areas where 4x4 is not needed, thus it doesn't warrant extra money for 4x4 that could be put towards LT or whatever the driver desires. Less stuff to worry about falling apart if you drive 80mph on desert terrain.

Of course I'd like a 4x4 but the PreRunner handed down to me still rocks.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #48
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo913 View Post
Sucks for you, however 4wd is just more parts for me to break. I have been everywhere I want to go and havent been stuck, so fail for you. To each their own, its too bad rock crawlers cant give respect to desert guys when we give the rock crawlers respect. You can crawl better w/ 4wd I am man enough to admit that, Id be more than welcome to come to a Tucson meet and see who can go faster in the desert
Old 07-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #49
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sucks for you, however 4wd is just more parts for me to break. I have been everywhere I want to go and havent been stuck, so fail for you. To each their own, its too bad rock crawlers cant give respect to desert guys when we give the rock crawlers respect. You can crawl better w/ 4wd I am man enough to admit that, Id be more than welcome to come to a Tucson meet and see who can go faster in the desert
Don't let these ignorant folks upset u! U cant argue an opinion anyway
Old 07-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #50
stowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
stowayman's Tacoma Gallery
How is it possible for anything to be as pointless as our beloved Canadian brothers? 4wd has saved me many times... and I can go fast in 4hi... but really, I bought the 645ci for speed (much better IMHO)
Old 07-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #51
stowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
The point is I can come down there and buy property of your bankrupt asses.
I may be an ass (especially if you're Canadian) Far from bankrupt, however. I would sell you my storage facility for $5.8 million if you're serious. 2.69 acres 400 units 70,000 rentable sq. ft. in Mountain View, CA - 1 mile from the Google Headquarters. Do you have a paypal acct?
Old 07-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #52
LaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Interesting. So...with this thread, it seems we have established several things. Yes, a stock Prerunner can climb that hill. Yes, it might need to utilize the locker. The guy in the video has no idea how to use his Jeep(not a lot unlike me and my truck). Canadians may or may not be pointless. Prerunners may or may not also be pointless. And stowayman has the money to throw us all a party with beer and hookers when we get together at Laguna Seca one of these days.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #53
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How is it possible for anything to be as pointless as our beloved Canadian brothers?
Tard
Old 07-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #54

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I may be an ass (especially if you're Canadian) Far from bankrupt, however. I would sell you my storage facility for $5.8 million if you're serious. 2.69 acres 400 units 70,000 rentable sq. ft. in Mountain View, CA - 1 mile from the Google Headquarters. Do you have a paypal acct?
Congrats , I thinks you've boasted about your wealth in every thread I've seen you post in
Old 07-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #55
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
Some people live in areas where 4x4 is not needed, thus it doesn't warrant extra money for 4x4 that could be put towards LT or whatever the driver desires. Less stuff to worry about falling apart if you drive 80mph on desert terrain.

Of course I'd like a 4x4 but the PreRunner handed down to me still rocks.
Quote:
we aren't getting into this 4x4 vs pre runner crap again. let's not have a pissing match

OP: i didn't see anything on that trail that looked too hard. Could almost do that in open 2wd. The only issue would be the deep rock/sand ruts where you may spin your tires, but you have a locker to take care of that. Low psi and some speed will be you're best friend. Once you do it you will be surprised how easy it was and how much more your truck has to give. Have fun and good luck!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #56
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
we aren't getting into this 4x4 vs pre runner crap again. let's not have a pissing match
Its not a pissing match or debate, I bought what I bought because thats what I needed. Whenever prerunners say they dont need 4x4 it seems the 4x4 guys get offended like its fighting words
Old 07-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post

OP: i didn't see anything on that trail that looked too hard. Could almost do that in open 2wd. The only issue would be the deep rock/sand ruts where you may spin your tires, but you have a locker to take care of that. Low psi and some speed will be you're best friend. Once you do it you will be surprised how easy it was and how much more your truck has to give. Have fun and good luck!
Right on, man. Thank you

Quote:
Its not a pissing match or debate, I bought what I bought because thats what I needed. Whenever prerunners say they dont need 4x4 it seems the 4x4 guys get offended like its fighting words
I guess this is like any other hobby or sport that people get into. People think that whatever they have or want is the be-all/end-all, even if what they have or want is likely excessive for their needs. If you read bike or gun forums, you might find that the threads there almost mirror what you find here. It's all good, though. Free country.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #58
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat as you OP, new to being off track and was curious to what my TRD pre-runner can do. Since then I've taken it off road and had great luck. Even put it on the track to see what it could do there as well. Pretty impressed all the way around.

So far I've not had it let me down and its taken me over a lot of things I didn't think I could get over. Locking the rear and airing down will make a huge difference on what you can and can't get past.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #59
bradflex is on a distinguished road
Name: Megan
bradflex's Tacoma Gallery
I think he did a great job.. looking forward for more efforts.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue Shooter View Post
Interesting. So...with this thread, it seems we have established several things. Yes, a stock Prerunner can climb that hill. Yes, it might need to utilize the locker. The guy in the video has no idea how to use his Jeep(not a lot unlike me and my truck). Canadians may or may not be pointless. Prerunners may or may not also be pointless. And stowayman has the money to throw us all a party with beer and hookers when we get together at Laguna Seca one of these days.
I don't drink so no Beer... hookers yes Let me know when you're in town -

I sense a "Prerunner/Canadian pointless thread" coming in the near future