Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Can I climb this with a stock TRD Prerunner?

Old 07-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
LaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LaRue Shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Can I climb this with a stock TRD Prerunner?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ooaz1ofCg
Old 07-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
LaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
TRD Off roads can do anything
Can't tell if you're being serious...
Old 07-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Not sure. Go try it.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Not sure. Go try it.
Too far and too lazy. I'd rather just hear someone say, "Yeah, totally, your truck will clear that," or "No."
Old 07-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #7
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
We think you can as long as you know more about driving then that guy. Give it a shot you wont know until you try
Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #8
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
What tire you running. Ive done steeper but it was large rock and gravel logging roads. Depends on the traction. If the sands compact, not to light and you have some decent tires that dig a little you should be good. I wouldnt run the locker on it, no need, but put it in L gear.

Also dont let of the gas at all, its hard to get the feel for driving hills with 2wd but once you do it a few times, you can tell when the tires will start to spin and when to give it some more gas.

Go with a buddy and bring a tow strap and you'll be fine
Old 07-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ERS TACOMA View Post
What tire you running. Ive done steeper but it was large rock and gravel logging roads. Depends on the traction. If the sands compact, not to light and you have some decent tires that dig a little you should be good. I wouldnt run the locker on it, no need, but put it in L gear.

Go with a buddy and bring a tow strap and you'll be fine
I'm still on OEM tires, but will get something better when the season rolls around.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #11
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Rugged trails? Might be a little dificult, they tend to float. If you dont make it just make another run at it.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #13
say NO to BRO!
jedrovsky is on a distinguished road
jedrovsky's Tacoma Gallery
a little prayer and a six pack is a must
Old 07-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #14
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
ive done steeper in my OR. Locked of course. just get some good offroad tires and you'll be fine
Old 07-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #15
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You could make it up that hill in 2wd without a locker...
Old 07-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #16
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

just dont be stupid and slow down when you should be on the gas and youll be fine!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #17
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
I've been on that trail personally.
It wasn't hard. I had a rear locker and BFG Mt's and was aired down, but I never spun or lifted a tire. Its a fire road.

As long as you have the elocker then you'll be fine. Go with a friend, air down to about 15 at the trail head, and head up.

I'd wait till at least september or october though, cause its hot as hell out there right now.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #18
Awesome. Thanks for the input, guys. My buddies all have 4wd Landcruisers, FJ's, 4runners, etc. I just want to be able to hold my own on stuff like that. So it's looking like better tires are more or less a necessity for this stuff.

Re: being stupid - I'm an OK driver, but my experience has always been on the track in open wheel cars and motorcycles. I'm still a little unsure of what these things are really capable of.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue Shooter View Post
Awesome. Thanks for the input, guys. My buddies all have 4wd Landcruisers, FJ's, 4runners, etc. I just want to be able to hold my own on stuff like that. So it's looking like better tires are more or less a necessity for this stuff.

Re: being stupid - I'm an OK driver, but my experience has always been on the track in open wheel cars and motorcycles. I'm still a little unsure of what these things are really capable of.
Didnt mean it in a bad way! everyone gets stuck. if it gets steeper sometimes its better to speed up and get thru it roughly then slow down and get stuck. Just a heads up
Old 07-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #20
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue Shooter View Post

Only way to find out is on your own, internet-wheeling won't do much other then getting bitches .

But you'll do fine on a trail like that with upgraded rubber.