Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Prerunner videos?

Old 09-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #21
Claymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura about
Claymore21's Tacoma Gallery
Ah, okay. thanks
Old 09-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #22
Claymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura aboutClaymore21 has a spectacular aura about
Claymore21's Tacoma Gallery
SR5 Package

• Toyota markets its SR5 as an "extra value package." It features power outside mirrors on the crew cab models and fog lamps on the 2011 V-6-powered models. Other types of Tacomas equipped with the SR5 package get remote keyless entry, cruise control, chrome grille and rear bumper, extended front and rear fenders, color-keyed front bumper, sliding rear window with tinted glass and bucket seats with lumbar support. The interior seats and door panels feature special fabric trim, metallic-toned instrument panel accents, leather-wrapped steering wheel and a tailgate handle with integrated backup camera. The truck also gets an "SR5" exterior badge.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #23
evan164 is on a distinguished road
Name: Evan
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKHAWK250 View Post
there both sr5? sr5 means its the 6 lug suspension geometry and V6 motor. the "prerunner" tacoma is the 3.4L in 2wd with either TRD sport or TRD offroad edition. they called it the "prerunner" model after Toyota Racing Development (TRD) in 95' with Ivan Stewart, after his success they made the 2wd 3.4L called the prerunner because most prerunners and desert vehicles are 2wd. Not to mention the TRD crew took the older failure 3.0 motor and made it a DOHC engine and simplified it and made it 1000x better down in the races and so after successfully racing the motor they put it in production with tacoma's in 95' and gave the TRD team credit by calling them "prerunner" models. thats right your motor was built off of successful racing with Iron man Stewart with Toyota's own racing team. Trd offroad has the locker, trd sport as an additional ECU inside? idk nothing interesting. and then they have the TRD offroad and TRD sport in 4x4 as well. so if your truck is the prerunner model with the TRD off-road package u have the locker. if u have the TRD sport then u just have 1 wheel peel im afraid. anyway i just wanted to clarify and thought u might find those very unknown facts interesting about your truck
Unfortunately, I don't have the trd. It's just an sr5
I do find it interesting! My dad originally bought the truck to commute to work. Recently he got a new job and a new work truck. So, he passed the toyota down to me. haha I've been researching it a lot. I like to learn about it
Old 09-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #25
ColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud of

Name: Cole
ColesDirtyYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan164 View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have the trd. It's just an sr5
I do find it interesting! My dad originally bought the truck to commute to work. Recently he got a new job and a new work truck. So, he passed the toyota down to me. haha I've been researching it a lot. I like to learn about it
right on! best thing u could prob do, get 2.5" bolt in coilovers like icons or kings or SAW's and upper control arms from Camburg or Total Chaos and ect. then in rear 2.5" bolt on shocks and take out the over-weight spring in the leaf pack so it doesn't buck so damn bad. ull have a badass truck u can easily go fuck around in and have a blast. that set up is what got me hooked haha
Old 09-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #26
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
right on! best thing u could prob do, get 2.5" bolt in coilovers like icons or kings or SAW's and upper control arms from Camburg or Total Chaos and ect. then in rear 2.5" bolt on shocks and take out the over-weight spring in the leaf pack so it doesn't buck so damn bad. ull have a badass truck u can easily go fuck around in and have a blast. that set up is what got me hooked haha
That sounds awesome! One question, will that affect towing abilities in any way?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #27
ColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud of

Name: Cole
ColesDirtyYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan164 View Post
That sounds awesome! One question, will that affect towing abilities in any way?
overweight will make it so u can hold less in the bed. so if u do carry real heavy shit around alot then i would probably keep it. other then that u probably wont notice. leaf springs hold the truck at ride height and that is all while the shock dampens, but the top over weight spring pushes upward to compesate for alot of load in the bed like a couch or something large, so if your off-road and have no weight in the bed that spring is always launching upward causing u to buck
Old 09-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #28
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
overweight will make it so u can hold less in the bed. so if u do carry real heavy shit around alot then i would probably keep it. other then that u probably wont notice. leaf springs hold the truck at ride height and that is all while the shock dampens, but the top over weight spring pushes upward to compesate for alot of load in the bed like a couch or something large, so if your off-road and have no weight in the bed that spring is always launching upward causing u to buck
Yeah, I've noticed the bucking before. even on the road when I hit a speed bump. The only problem is I like to make furniture and things out of wood which involves hauling a lot of wood around, which in the past has been pretty heavy. I'm afraid I would need the pay load and wouldn't have it
Old 12-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #29
Proud *****
LadTacoma is on a distinguished road

Army: Artillery "King of Battle!"
Name: Ray
LadTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up WOW THIS NICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
Heres something to start off with. Its all stock to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7kKg_1uNlE

MAN, I WATCHED IT COUPLE TIMES. YOU MADE THE INSTALLATION LOOK EASY! LOL THANKS FOR THE VIDEO!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #30
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
a few of the L.A. area TW heads went out last weekend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9swtNkirCA
What's up with the silver 2nd gen regular cab with fenders . Specs ? Member ?
Old 12-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #31
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
What's up with the silver 2nd gen regular cab with fenders . Specs ? Member ?
i believe thats naked turtle, he has total chaos sua in the year he is a 5 lug and mid travel in the front
Old 01-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #32
sdemarois is on a distinguished road
Name: scott
sdemarois's Tacoma Gallery