evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota fails moose test

That's comforting...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZF8N...eature=related
Old 09-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
evan164 is on a distinguished road
Name: Evan
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
I realize that is a hilux, but I thought I would still post it.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Meh. It's a top heavy truck so it isn't going to handle like a Porsche 911.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
DAYUMMMM!
Old 09-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I'm actually surprised the tires held on well enough to pull that kind of manuever.

Also, you live in Louisiana... you don't have to worry about moose down there.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Needs moar VSC.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #10
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'm actually surprised the tires held on well enough to pull that kind of manuever.

Also, you live in Louisiana... you don't have to worry about moose down there.
haha exactly! But we do have Alligators sometimes
Old 09-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I wonder if he had the ATRAC button pushed in.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
this video was posted in a thread about taking off sway bars and im pretty sure that truck did not have a sway bar.

this is from memory so not 100% positive
Old 09-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #13
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
If I remember right. This was on tv and it was a comparison with having the anti-sway bar on as opposed to I being taken off.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan164 View Post
haha exactly! But we do have Alligators sometimes
I'd run the MF'er over before I risked rolling the truck... A moose can come crashing through the cab if you hit them because they're so tall. I wouldn't swerve as aggressively to miss a smaller animal (not even a deer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
this video was posted in a thread about taking off sway bars and im pretty sure that truck did not have a sway bar.

this is from memory so not 100% positive
Now that you mention it, I think you're correct about the sway bar not being installed.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #15
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'd run the MF'er over before I risked rolling the truck... A moose can come crashing through the cab if you hit them because they're so tall. I wouldn't swerve as aggressively to miss a smaller animal (not even a deer).
Both will total a truck, but yeah I agree with you. I would rather hit an aligator and live, than be crushed by a moose.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #16
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
War das auf Deutsch? Es war zu schell fur much, aber das ist was ich habe gedachtet. xD
"Was that in German? It was too fast for me, but that's what I think it was."

Anyways, that's a kinda scary vid, ain't it? But then again, when I think about it, I've seen a little 80's BMW do the same thing.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #17
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan164 View Post
Both will total a truck, but yeah I agree with you. I would rather hit an aligator and live, than be crushed by a moose.
They can still flop over the hood and smash through the windshield and compress the cab down on top of the occupants. Best weapon of defense is to slow down if you are in moose, or elk country for that matter. Living in Montana they are all over different parts of the state, some places I slow down to 45 at night and just take my time.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:48 AM   #18
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
They can still flop over the hood and smash through the windshield and compress the cab down on top of the occupants. Best weapon of defense is to slow down if you are in moose, or elk country for that matter. Living in Montana they are all over different parts of the state, some places I slow down to 45 at night and just take my time.
That's the best defense for any driving, city or hwy... drive to the known conditions and stay alert for the unexpected.

Frank
Old 10-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #19
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
That's the best defense for any driving, city or hwy... drive to the known conditions and stay alert for the unexpected.

Frank
Exactly
Old 10-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #20
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post

Frank
I couldn't of said it better myself In a truck and a lifted one at that you should try to avoid sudden swerves like the "Moose Test" at all costs sway bar or not. I go to Utah every year for Elk hunting and slowing down on the HW and being alert is your best defense ageist on hitting big game.