Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

IPAD MINI INSTALL

Old 12-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #22
bkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bkmcinty's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly! It's a no brainer!! I mean you can spend $350 on a low end double din receiver or buy an iPad mini.......hmmmmm pretty sure the mini will destroy ANY double din radio even the $2000+ units
Old 12-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #23
Pcyc is on a distinguished road
Name: Fritz
Pcyc's Tacoma Gallery
i want to see the final product before I commit. Plus I want to see what I can do with volume control and charging. I can then sell my headunit.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #24
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmcinty View Post
Exactly! It's a no brainer!! I mean you can spend $350 on a low end double din receiver or buy an iPad mini.......hmmmmm pretty sure the mini will destroy ANY double din radio even the $2000+ units
Are you serious?

You are saying a 3.5mm jack from a iCrap mini will out preform a Top of the line double din unit?

Wow.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #25
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Are you serious?

You are saying a 3.5mm jack from a iCrap mini will out preform a Top of the line double din unit?

Wow.
I believe he is talking features and interface .. obviously the audio processor in the iPad mini will be inferior to a $2000 HU

However,this solution still needs to be paired with an external amp .. iPad mini + amp solution = cheaper, and yes way better IMO
Old 12-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #26
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
I believe he is talking features and interface .. obviously the audio processor in the iPad mini will be inferior to a $2000 HU

However,this solution still needs to be paired with an external amp .. iPad mini + amp solution = cheaper, and yes way better IMO
I'm hoping that's the case.. The way it came off, its better than a aftermarket HU and that's not true at all when it comes to Audio.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #27
2 4 LIFE!!!
TuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
TuFerLife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcyc View Post
i want to see the final product before I commit. Plus I want to see what I can do with volume control and charging. I can then sell my headunit.
THIS!!! I remember watching the other video and the guy added the volume control over where your fog lights are and stuff, it fit in there perfectly... But yes, I'm patiently waiting on the video where it's installed in the truck!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #28
bkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

First off nobody EVER said I would be using the 3.5mm jack for audio if you actually wat h the video I explain the audio output will be DIGITAL from the lightning connector and if you want to get technical ill go buy an Addison bit one processor to add to the iPad and I will destroy anything you have with my sundown 100.4 and still be well under $2k.....I am not new to car audio my friend I've been in the business for over ten years working as an installer for multiple audio/video shops I kinda know what I'm doing
Old 12-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #29

Or the Rockford 360 processor.....your choice hehe
Old 12-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #30
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
First off nobody EVER said I would be using the 3.5mm jack for audio if you actually wat h the video I explain the audio output will be DIGITAL from the lightning connector and if you want to get technical ill go buy an Addison bit one processor to add to the iPad and I will destroy anything you have with my sundown 100.4 and still be well under $2k.....I am not new to car audio my friend I've been in the business for over ten years working as an installer for multiple audio/video shops I kinda know what I'm doing
Wow no need to get so sensitive little guy. Just saying your post sounded like you were saying the iPad was better then a HU for audio. Maybe you should be more clear of what you post so people aren't confused.

Also, I didn't watch your video and don't plan on it. I tend to read what people write, not watch their videos.

As for 'destroying' anything I have with a Sundown.. Keep flexing those internet muscles. I have stuff sitting around in my garage that can 'destroy' your sundown/crapple combo. (JL Audio 13W7AE just sitting around doing nothing) I'm not new to this audio game either. Been doing this for well over 15 years now.

Anyways, un-subbed as I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you about audio. You seem very sensitive to your work and I don't want to upset you more. Awesome work with the Crapple-mini in the dash, it looks good so far and I hope you can make some money off these.

Good luck OP!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #31

Hehe now you just called your own bluff with the JL comment. Just happens to be the most over-rated, over-priced audio on the market......you can have your $800 sub and give me $800 to spend on subs and not only will I triple your cone are but triple your output and def you quality if you are using JL now that's CRAP.....but thanks for the shitty, arrogant and smart ass congratulations I truly appreciate it
Old 12-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #32

I don't want to argue with you honestly but you started dogging me and my build first......
Old 12-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #33
____livevil____
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta say... Aw9d does know his stereo stuff. That's what he does.. is stereo. I've heard his, his wife's civic with two Sundowns, and have seen his stereo store he calls a garage.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #34
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Or the Rockford 360 processor.....your choice hehe
what do you think of the Audio Control processors?

I'm not a huge audiophile but appreciate good sound. Stock speakers for now, but will have some nicer components eventually. I just can't bring myself to spend $400-500 on a processor...
Old 12-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #35

Processors are a must if you want the best of the best when it comes to sound quality. I have heard a lot of different processors and the audison and rockford are my two favorite by far. They allow you to hook up to a laptop and completely customize the sound to your vehicles' specifics according to your front and rear stage and what you are using and what you are pushing them with. I do not own nor have ever owned a processor but have tuned many. I do not compete in competitions therefore i myself cannot justify spending $600 on a processor to make the speakers sound better in my vehicle that im in at most 30 minutes a day to and from work.....just not worth it to me either. And on that note if you are going to spend $600 on a processor you better have a shit ton of money in components because there is a point of diminishing returns....for example there is no point to put a processor on $60 coaxial speakers bought from best buy. If you have $1500 in hybrid audio components then it would be worht it in my opinion.....but i run paper cone loudspeakers bc i prefer loudness granted i would love to have loudness and quality but then you run into money issues hehe. Dont get me wrong with my sundown's 24db xover i get pretty decent sound with what im using now but it can always be better.

And im not doubting AW9D's audio experience.....i just dont appreciate it when someone comes out of nowhere and shits on my thread for no reason when i did nothing to deserve it....there are a lot of audiophiles out there that are very passionate about what they do and yes when you start pissing them off they tend to get a little defensive. Ive spend a lot of time and money on my project for someone to just show up and disrespect it thats all im saying. give a little credit where credit is due. I dont care if you dont like apple hell i own an android phone and three android tablets im not an apple fanboy but for this application i chose what i thought was the best 7" tablet at the time. And yes it will sound great when i get it done no matter if i use a processor or not
Old 12-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #36
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
This is awesome. Are you going to make the custom head unit and sell it?

The only thing I dont like is you would have to get a data plan. at 20bucks a month it would be 240 a year. So the navi unit would be cheaper in the very long run. If you look at it like that
Old 12-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #37

My apologies if i offended anyone thats not what im here to do.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #38
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't want to argue with you honestly but you started dogging me and my build first......
I didn't dog you or your build, where the hell are you getting this from? I talked about iPads audio once, then said that no way an iPad can beat a HU for audio. You are the one who shat a brick and came in full force talking about 'destroying' everything I have with your sundown setup and cost of subs.

I don't care about the cost of my audio and never brought up anything about price. Not sure why you are so up in arms about how much stereo costs.

You are the one who came in flexing your SPL muscles saying you will 'destroy' everything I have. Good for you, I bet that helps you sleep at night that you think you can beat my setup that I have, even tho you have NO CLUE what I run outside of my Tacoma (which is not setup for SPL at all)

Again, good work on what you have done.. Just calm down, not everyone is going to agree with you on the internet and that doesn't mean you have to fled those internet muscles.

Cheers!

EDIT: My crapple responses are due to the fact I don't like APPLE products.. I'm an Android guy..
Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #39

Now with the strokers and hhcas i can relate to! I was born SPL and will always be SPL but most of my friends are SQ and sponsored so i kinda have a little soft side for SQ also.....but like i said i didnt mean to offend anyone.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #40
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Now with the strokers and hhcas i can relate to! I was born SPL and will always be SPL but most of my friends are SQ and sponsored so i kinda have a little soft side for SQ also.....but like i said i didnt mean to offend anyone.
No offense at all man.. I like what you are doing.. I just don't understand why you have to come off all pissy with me because you posted something that didn't make a lot of sense. It's the internet.

I'm SPL as well.. Just no room for it in a 4door Taco unless I rip the back seats out.