LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Turbo taco truck on the dyno

Old 01-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #21
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickergt View Post
If you can go 6.00 ish in the 300ft in the sand you are moving right along. See its fun to fuck with the diesel guys because they never expect a yota to drag that ass. Most people dont understand power to weight ratios and what functional power is. Plus its fun to hustle some cash out of them.
Now that I can see why that would be fun ha

You a 4x4 too?
Old 01-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #22
kickergt is on a distinguished road
Name: Shaun
kickergt's Tacoma Gallery
Yep
Old 01-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #23
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Forged internals?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:37 AM   #24
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
Forged internals?
Forged internals on a 5vz?? No need!! Hahah just kidding but yeah what are you running anyways?? you have a badass setup and great power for such a small truck!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #25
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Diesels..aren't fast

Trucks..aren't fast.

Want to go fast..get a car.

The power of this would be nice for my heavy ass rig though...
What theeeee hell you dont think so?? i thought they were pretty powerful but maybe thats just because i love the sound and my brother has a 750 horsepower built 7.3 powerstroke that hauls ass we all got different opinions though!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:28 AM   #26
100% stock motor
Old 01-16-2013, 02:25 AM   #28
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
NICE. Is it a rear mounted turbo (like the sst), or is it mounted under the hood? if the later, who made your intake and exhaust manifold?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #29
No its front mounted . I maid my own forward facing headers. There pics on the first gen section under a post that says new turbo kit.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #30
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Wow kudos. I'm so jealous right now. Btw, i few people have run larger turbos by putting larger injectors. http://www.whyturbothat.com/srunnermain.html
Old 01-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #31
I'm changing my injectors soon. I'd like to see if I can get over 500wheel on race gas.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #33
iv seen those. they are cool. Edelbrock makes something similar but without the cool mount. We will see what happens next week when my injectors get back.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #34
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Subd to mooch some info from here
Old 12-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #35
DSMJRV is on a distinguished road

Name: justin
DSMJRV's Tacoma Gallery
why is it that the stock fuel system can barely handle 220whp with a supercharger, but with a turbo its all gravy even up to 350whp?
Old 12-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #36
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
not about that. Long as you have a bigger fuel pump and injectors your regulator will keep up fine.

Its about effeciantcy.

SC robs a lot of power. Turbo doesn't.

on top of that the amount of air actually being move via turbo is more..never take psi as a rating of power. Doesn't mean dick without other information. 6 psi out of a 50mm inducer turbo is not the same amount of air as 4 psi from a 72mm inducer, the 72mm at 4psi moves more air.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #37
JLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: Former NH LEO
JLee50's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
not about that. Long as you have a bigger fuel pump and injectors your regulator will keep up fine.

Its about effeciantcy.

SC robs a lot of power. Turbo doesn't.

on top of that the amount of air actually being move via turbo is more..never take psi as a rating of power. Doesn't mean dick without other information. 6 psi out of a 50mm inducer turbo is not the same amount of air as 4 psi from a 72mm inducer, the 72mm at 4psi moves more air.
Yup. For turbo sizing, imagine blowing 15psi through a drinking straw, then blowing 15psi through a 4" PVC pipe. Pressure is the same. Volume, on the other hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMJRV View Post
why is it that the stock fuel system can barely handle 220whp with a supercharger, but with a turbo its all gravy even up to 350whp?
That's not a stock fuel system.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #38
DSMJRV is on a distinguished road

Name: justin
DSMJRV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickergt View Post
Focus fuel pump, vortec fmu , apex I safc
that seems pretty stock to me.. he must be running larger injectors!??!
Old 12-19-2013, 05:39 AM   #40
JLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: Former NH LEO
JLee50's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMJRV View Post
that seems pretty stock to me.. he must be running larger injectors!??!
"Stock fuel" means "stock fuel" - that is, nothing modified regarding fueling. That simply is not the case.

I would like to find a good OBDII-compliant piggyback so I could run larger injectors (550cc should be good enough for me unless I wanted to run E85, but I think I'd break something because I'd want MOAR BOOST). I can get away with a full standalone on my MR2 because OBDI emissions here is just a sniffer, but 96+/OBDII needs OBDII functionality to pass.