Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Turbo taco truck on the dyno

Old 12-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #41
TheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TheGoat's Tacoma Gallery
Turbo Taco! yum!

I miss turbo, the sounds...and the transition from lag to boost.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #42
DSMJRV is on a distinguished road

Name: justin
DSMJRV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
The Vortex is like 7th injector i believe. Just adds more fuel the more boost there is.

and the SAFC is used to tune..i think he did have different injectors maybe..but its not a stock system anymore..

The FMU is not like the 7th injector, it just increases fuel pressure. Regardless, the stock injectors can still only flow so much.. Yes the SAFC is for tuning but only within the limits of the fuel system it is attached to.. An upgraded fuel pump and increased fuel pressure on stock injectors doesn't seem like enough to support an extra 100whp is all i was saying..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee50 View Post
"Stock fuel" means "stock fuel" - that is, nothing modified regarding fueling. That simply is not the case.

orly? It does not matter what you do to the fuel system, everything is still bottle necked at the injectors, they have the final say... so yes assuming that what he listed as fuel mods is all he actually has, that is essentially a stock fuel set up..
Old 12-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #43
JLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: Former NH LEO
JLee50's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMJRV View Post
The FMU is not like the 7th injector, it just increases fuel pressure. Regardless, the stock injectors can still only flow so much.. Yes the SAFC is for tuning but only within the limits of the fuel system it is attached to.. An upgraded fuel pump and increased fuel pressure on stock injectors doesn't seem like enough to support an extra 100whp is all i was saying..

orly? It does not matter what you do to the fuel system, everything is still bottle necked at the injectors, they have the final say... so yes assuming that what he listed as fuel mods is all he actually has, that is essentially a stock fuel set up..
Injector flow is based on fuel pressure. If you tell someone all they need is bigger injectors, but don't tell them to upgrade their fuel pump, the fuel pump will not be able to keep up with higher fuel flow - and you will run lean (not only will you run lean, but you'll run lean at the worst possible time - when you need more fuel because you're in boost). A fuel pump is absolutely considered a fuel modification. Modifying fuel pressure and increasing fuel delivery is not how the truck rolled off the assembly line.

My car has 42psi base fuel pressure. Increasing to 50psi provides a 9% increase in injector flow. Taking fuel system that can barely handle 220whp and increasing fuel capability by 50% doesn't seem reasonable to do just by bumping fuel pressure - I agree. However, increasing fuel pressure and running a higher flow pump is NOT stock. I do not see how you can possibly argue this.

I definitely don't know everything, but I built and tuned the MR2 in my garage - forged motor, 1200cc injectors, standalone EMS and a GT3071 running about 23psi on E85. I'm not exactly clueless here.