Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

2JZ 2nd gen tacoma 4x4!

Old 04-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #21
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93civEJ1 View Post
Build it with what parts? lol...you make it sound like theres a ton of 4.0 tacoma motor parts out there.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...rspd-nevr.html
Old 04-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #22
93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

93civEJ1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Now you just have a truck that wants to be a sports car.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #23
93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sorry,

Just dont really see the point on a tacoma unless it was to help with off road.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #24
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
Be tons cheaper to build the 4.0. And you'll get more torque and a better low/mid range power band
Quote:
Build it with what parts? lol...you make it sound like theres a ton of 4.0 tacoma motor parts out there.
^Right. But, don't forget that building a reliable turbo motor goes beyond just performance parts, or pistons/rods even. The beauty of a 2JZ is the fact that the block and head can handle the pressure and heat generated. Boost combined with the inline motor's torque curve makes it very successful. So you've got to think about parts/fabrication, available tuning, heat dissapation, air flow (think manifolds, valves, routing your IC piping with bend radius vs diameter), and internals. Also, once you've got a nice powerful motor, you've got to consider your clutch, then your trans, then your axles, etc. because they are all going to need to be upgraded as well. There's a lot to it.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #25
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This truck is cool. It looks like a lot of engineering went into it.

But, keep in mind that all the custom machining that went into that project are far more expensive than buying a used 2JZDETT from a wrecked supra and adding some bolt-on parts.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #26

Building a 2jz motor is not cheap. You dont have to do anything to a 2jz to have a stock block / internal motor easily handle 500whp.

Mine is built to handle at least 1k.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #27
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
*sigh* At least Google what you are about to post to make sure its right

Makes more torque than the 2JZ makes HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
^Right. But, don't forget that building a reliable turbo motor goes beyond just performance parts, or pistons/rods even. The beauty of a 2JZ is the fact that the block and head can handle the pressure and heat generated. Boost combined with the inline motor's torque curve makes it very successful. So you've got to think about parts/fabrication, available tuning, heat dissapation, air flow (think manifolds, valves, routing your IC piping with bend radius vs diameter), and internals. Also, once you've got a nice powerful motor, you've got to consider your clutch, then your trans, then your axles, etc. because they are all going to need to be upgraded as well. There's a lot to it.
The 1GR will eat a 2JZ in torque/RPM any day with a comparable budget. Just look at the build ^. You cant argue with displacement

Now before we get out of hand, I think the 2JZ is hands down one of the best engines built to date. The Mk IV is my dream car.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #28
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
That dude needs to aggregate the info in his build. there's no way i'm reading 50 pages of bullshit, even if it's for a 475hp 1gr
Old 05-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #29
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Cange your posts per page to 100 boom! less pages.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #31
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
That dude needs to aggregate the info in his build. there's no way i'm reading 50 pages of bullshit, even if it's for a 475hp 1gr
I happen to know him lol it's not 50 pages of "bullshit" it's really 50 pages of trial, error and ingenuity.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #32
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where have you been??????

I have had a built 1GR since '09. More recently things have really stepped up from vendors, and not to sound conceited even though I know it will, in at lot of ways due to what I have helped with since '09. From sending Pauter one of my rods so that I could have them made, to a block of mine being shipped from my house to Darton so that Darton Wet M.I.D. sleeves could be made as well. That first run was funded by Gadget at URD. Also more recently I sent a rod to Paul at Dezod, so that he could get a budget builder set of rods, Molnar, available to the public.
A UAE performance shop had Brian Crower make stroker cranks for the 1GR, and until recently had sole rights to selling them. I am likely the first person in the US to have a BC 4.3 stroker kit,(Dustin would know for certain) but those are now available to the US market as well. Clifford would be another who has since purchased one.

Engine parts from Dezod

http://www.dezod.com/cat_engine4_all.cfm

www.LCEperformance.com has plenty as well.

Darton sleeved block:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...n-sleeves.html

PowerFab Automotive turbo kit:

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=53171

Work with them regularly. ^^^

First ProEFI Pro128 on a '05+ Tacoma. Toon714 is the second.

www.proefi.com

Let me keep a little humility though. All of this stuff that I have aided in isn't just for me or bragging right. It is to properly build a strong and reliable HP engine as well as helping the aftermarket move forward so that all of this stuff can become more readily available and cheaper for everyone. It helps us all.

Trust me, it has already been proven that with rods, pistons, head gaskets, and head studs, a 1GR can easily be in the mid 600's. That was on a twin turbonetics XR by PSI Racing, using a Haltech, at ~28 psi. Journal bearing. All the extra stuff is just for fun or over built strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Cange your posts per page to 100 boom! less pages.
I need to do that. Lol. Seriously though.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #34
twigme is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
twigme's Tacoma Gallery
Holly crap, that thing would be such a sleeper rig.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #35
Clifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shedClifford is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: bang bang
Name: Cliff
Clifford's Tacoma Gallery
Torspd, you know that trucks will never be fast, ever or sporty. So there.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #38
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
Torspd, you know that trucks will never be fast, ever or sporty. So there.
But it will be faster, more powerful and more fun to drive than it was...
Old 05-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #39

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I happen to know him lol it's not 50 pages of "bullshit" it's really 50 pages of trial, error and ingenuity.
No, I'm sure it would be great fun on a rainy day with nothing to do....
Old 05-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #40
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Where have you been??????

I have had a built 1GR since '09. More recently things have really stepped up from vendors, and not to sound conceited even though I know it will, in at lot of ways due to what I have helped with since '09. From sending Pauter one of my rods so that I could have them made, to a block of mine being shipped from my house to Darton so that Darton Wet M.I.D. sleeves could be made as well. That first run was funded by Gadget at URD. Also more recently I sent a rod to Paul at Dezod, so that he could get a budget builder set of rods, Molnar, available to the public.
A UAE performance shop had Brian Crower make stroker cranks for the 1GR, and until recently had sole rights to selling them. I am likely the first person in the US to have a BC 4.3 stroker kit,(Dustin would know for certain) but those are now available to the US market as well. Clifford would be another who has since purchased one.

Engine parts from Dezod

http://www.dezod.com/cat_engine4_all.cfm

www.LCEperformance.com has plenty as well.

Darton sleeved block:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...n-sleeves.html

PowerFab Automotive turbo kit:

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=53171

Work with them regularly. ^^^

First ProEFI Pro128 on a '05+ Tacoma. Toon714 is the second.

www.proefi.com

Let me keep a little humility though. All of this stuff that I have aided in isn't just for me or bragging right. It is to properly build a strong and reliable HP engine as well as helping the aftermarket move forward so that all of this stuff can become more readily available and cheaper for everyone. It helps us all.

Trust me, it has already been proven that with rods, pistons, head gaskets, and head studs, a 1GR can easily be in the mid 600's. That was on a twin turbonetics XR by PSI Racing, using a Haltech, at ~28 psi. Journal bearing. All the extra stuff is just for fun or over built strength.

I need to do that. Lol. Seriously though.
its like u actually know what ur talking about or something

glad ur here man, keep spreading the knowledge!

and thank you for helping us all out