tired of getting slammed!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
gotta love that rev limiter
also that jeep needs a locker haha
Old 02-18-2013, 12:30 AM   #3
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
two derps
Old 02-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Tearing it up? Why would you openly admit that...?

Just sayin'
Old 02-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
TW is awfully full of unhappy people. the guy is out having some fun... chill
Old 02-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Really giving that rev limiter a workout I see...

Next time, have the Jeep driver lightly hit the brakes, it helps mimic a limited slip diff and might get him out of some of those holes without a tug.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #8
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
That's what I'm sayin'...

If he wants to tear his truck up, more power to him. +1 for Pugga for at least giving advice after he made his comment...

Hopefully you don't rev that high often...not good to ping the rev limiter like that a lot..
Old 02-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #9
ms4x4outlaws is on a distinguished road

Name: Darren
ms4x4outlaws's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
Damn your right... I guess I won't be posting any more of my videos on here. I just get slammed!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #11
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The engine will do just fine. The driveshafts and rear diff will probably give out first...
Old 03-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #13
StevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud ofStevoNB has much to be proud of
Name: Steve
StevoNB's Tacoma Gallery
I thought it was a cool vid OP. I like how you barely crawl into the mud hole then just pin it. Reminds me of me back in the day.

From my experience running the piss out of Toyota's when I was younger, I'd say don't worry about the engine seeing the limiter once in a while. Isn't the rev limiter there to prevent damage anyway?
Old 03-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #14
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
weird, i always thought they put the rev limiter on to prevent damage. gosh, if that isnt true, what is it for!?
its a conspiracy!! :wileyC:
OP, that looks like an absolute blast!
Oh it's certainly there to prevent damage, but when you're bouncing off the limiter you're doing a lot more wear and tear to it than if you drove it effectively.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #15
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
on what parts? all it is doing is retarding the spark.
Obviously... the rev limiter is a wear item so if you drive like the OP, you will need to replace it sooner
Old 03-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #17
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Nice OP! looks like a blast!

This Vid kinda sorta makes me want a automatic...... But I'll stick with the 5sp for now
Old 03-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #20
ms4x4outlaws is on a distinguished road

Name: Darren
ms4x4outlaws's Tacoma Gallery
Not all of you I'm sorry.