Notices

I painted my rotor hubs.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
Mac Geek
JMoorer is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
JMoorer's Tacoma Gallery
I painted my rotor hubs.

This video is why and how I did it. I figured my first video needed to me of a mod.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Good work...

More people will watch it and comment if you embed it.

http://youtu.be/jF4asPDILDw
Old 06-21-2013, 04:15 AM   #3
Mac Geek
JMoorer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! The embed code Youtube was giving me yesterday wasn't working. It was acting lame.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Hope you didn't get any beard pubes in the paint.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Nice video! Bu why not just tape off the lugs and paint the entire drum and hub. That way its all nice and black.. Just a thaught...
Old 06-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #6
Mac Geek
JMoorer's Tacoma Gallery
I would say the beard pubes added a little extra texture to the finished product...

As far as the tape goes, I thought about doing it that way. I guess I just wanted to make sure that I didn't create any extra space between the wheel and the rotor by adding layers of paint. It wouldn't be an issue at all, but I was being particular about it.

I've decided to powder-coat the wheels the same texture in black.

Should I paint the front calipers black or color-match them to Speedway Blue?
Old 06-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I like black or silver. Anything else just looks to ricey. (To me)
Old 06-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #8
Mac Geek
JMoorer's Tacoma Gallery
I've wondered if it would be. I may or may not do the drums blue (black, if not), but the front calipers will likely end up blue. I'l be posting some pics when it happens.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #9
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoorer View Post
Thanks! The embed code Youtube was giving me yesterday wasn't working. It was acting lame.
You just copy and paste the URL for the video in the post. No code required