Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Daily Driving "The BEAST"

Old 11-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #21
PBR Streetgang has a spectacular aura aboutPBR Streetgang has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andrew
PBR Streetgang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsumdc View Post
You drive a camry.... I like my Beast and don't care about the fuel cost.
I don't drive a Camry, my daily driver is a Tacoma. I was just saying what a lot of people are probably thinking: driving a truck with 40" tires as a freeway commuter vehicle just doesn't seem very practical.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #22
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
I don't drive a Camry, my daily driver is a Tacoma. I was just saying what a lot of people are probably thinking: driving a truck with 40" tires as a freeway commuter vehicle just doesn't seem very practical.
Wow man. You take things WAY to literal. First. Lets look at why this thread even got started.

I drove, and will again once the new engine is in, an F250 to and from work. I got tired of it leaving me stranded all the time and had my Tacoma sitting there waiting to be driven. I built it so that if need be it could be driven daily. Although it's not meant to be a daily boring driver like a Camry, it can be driven daily if need be.

Some people have said that you can't daily drive sased vehicle and I'm here to prove that you can if it's built right.

Given the fact that it's one of the biggest Tacoma's around, I don't think I'm worried about how much gas I use over a given time. There are a ton of people that build trucks up to go wheel but also need it as their sole source of transportation. I'm here to show them that they can have both.

If I wanted to drive a commuter car I would take the keys to my Honda Civic, Toyota 4runner, F150, or 78 VW Beetle and cruise one of those. Since I have those as a choice but choose not to drive them it would seem as though I'm not concerned about being one of the lemmings on the freeways at this time.

thanks for your concern though but really, this thread is not about commuting. It's about building a vehicle that can not only take you to the ends of the world, but can also safely, if built right, take you and your family along this nations highways and byways.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:04 AM   #23
Don't be a dick
ARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedARB1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ARB1977's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsumdc View Post
Wow man. You take things WAY to literal. First. Lets look at why this thread even got started.

I drove, and will again once the new engine is in, an F250 to and from work. I got tired of it leaving me stranded all the time and had my Tacoma sitting there waiting to be driven. I built it so that if need be it could be driven daily. Although it's not meant to be a daily boring driver like a Camry, it can be driven daily if need be.

Some people have said that you can't daily drive sased vehicle and I'm here to prove that you can if it's built right.

Given the fact that it's one of the biggest Tacoma's around, I don't think I'm worried about how much gas I use over a given time. There are a ton of people that build trucks up to go wheel but also need it as their sole source of transportation. I'm here to show them that they can have both.

If I wanted to drive a commuter car I would take the keys to my Honda Civic, Toyota 4runner, F150, or 78 VW Beetle and cruise one of those. Since I have those as a choice but choose not to drive them it would seem as though I'm not concerned about being one of the lemmings on the freeways at this time.

thanks for your concern though but really, this thread is not about commuting. It's about building a vehicle that can not only take you to the ends of the world, but can also safely, if built right, take you and your family along this nations highways and byways.
More props to you for your build and design. Even at 80 mph it looks like the beast handles well. I grew up in Northern California and if your not going at least 70 you'll get ran over, lol. Southern Cali, its nuts driving down there.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:02 AM   #24
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARB1977 View Post
More props to you for your build and design. Even at 80 mph it looks like the beast handles well. I grew up in Northern California and if your not going at least 70 you'll get ran over, lol. Southern Cali, its nuts driving down there.
Thank you very much.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #25
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Think of this. DD this truck and you'll always get home, ever if there's an epic rock slide
Old 11-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #26
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Think of this. DD this truck and you'll always get home, ever if there's an epic rock slide
LOL Yup!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #27
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Hey wyatt. I'm gonna need a crawler for my new ride. I got a manual tranny just for that. Did they very figure out that marlin adapter plate issue figured out?
Old 11-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #28
cosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: David
cosmicfires's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice truck!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #29
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Hey wyatt. I'm gonna need a crawler for my new ride. I got a manual tranny just for that. Did they very figure out that marlin adapter plate issue figured out?
They will probably have them after the first of the year.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #30
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfires View Post
Very nice truck!
Thank you very much.