Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Daily Driving "The BEAST"

Old 10-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Daily Driving "The BEAST"

A lot of people have said that you just can't daily drive a rock crawler. Well, I'm here to tell you that you can. I Daily drive The BEAST at least 140 miles everyday from Huntington Beach California to Redlands California because I was tired of my F250 breaking down all the time and my 2005 Tacoma, even though very highly modified, is a much more reliable vehicle than my 2008 F250 is.

Daily Driving The BEAST

The video starts off blurry but it does get better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqcFHFY2TNg
Old 10-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I like it!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
himmy33 is on a distinguished road

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck. Just to play devils advocate what happens when you are traveling at said speeds and an emergency arises that requires immediate evasive driving? i.e. quick lane change, emergency stop, or both. Seems like it would not be good for these types of situations and maybe even a little dangerous to you and fellow drivers? Don't get me wrong I think the truck is great and would love to own something like it. Just curious what would happen and how it would perform in the given situation.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
BAH!! Its one of those dubbed in rolling road scenes....
Old 10-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #5
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmy33 View Post
Awesome truck. Just to play devils advocate what happens when you are traveling at said speeds and an emergency arises that requires immediate evasive driving? i.e. quick lane change, emergency stop, or both. Seems like it would not be good for these types of situations and maybe even a little dangerous to you and fellow drivers? Don't get me wrong I think the truck is great and would love to own something like it. Just curious what would happen and how it would perform in the given situation.
I live in SoCal. Those situations arise all the time. The truck is very well bahaved and can manuver very well. I treat it like a big boxed truck and usually give myself plenty of room. I have people serve in front of me and slam the brakes and with my braking system, huge 13" front discs and 11" rear discs, it stops very well. The steering is very responsive and has kept me out of trouble a number of times.

It really is no different than driving a big Super Duty. It just turns more heads
Old 10-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
BAH!! Its one of those dubbed in rolling road scenes....
LOL I'm not that good at video's.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsumdc View Post
LOL I'm not that good at video's.
LOL!! Looks like it drives very well!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with you on that one I DD mine 45 miles a day and it drives very well. I just drove mine to Utah and back it drives like a dream. If built right you can DD a linked truck no problem. Tires are not cheap but you have to pay to play.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #9
PBR Streetgang has a spectacular aura aboutPBR Streetgang has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andrew
PBR Streetgang's Tacoma Gallery
140 miles per day, five days a week, works out to approximately 33,000 miles per year. Let's say the beast gets about 17 m.p.g.(?) and gas is about $4/gallon, so that is about $7750 in fuel cost per year. If you drove a car that gets about 33 m.p.g. for 33,000 miles it would cost about $4000 per year in fuel, saving you about $3750 per year. Maybe you should buy an old Camry or decent used highway car for about $4000 and it will pay for itself in about 14 months.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
Don't be a dick
ARB1977 is a splendid one to beholdARB1977 is a splendid one to beholdARB1977 is a splendid one to beholdARB1977 is a splendid one to beholdARB1977 is a splendid one to beholdARB1977 is a splendid one to beholdARB1977 is a splendid one to behold

ARB1977's Tacoma Gallery
Well put together to say the least.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #11
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
140 miles per day, five days a week, works out to approximately 33,000 miles per year. Let's say the beast gets about 17 m.p.g.(?) and gas is about $4/gallon, so that is about $7750 in fuel cost per year. If you drove a car that gets about 33 m.p.g. for 33,000 miles it would cost about $4000 per year in fuel, saving you about $3750 per year. Maybe you should buy an old Camry or decent used highway car for about $4000 and it will pay for itself in about 14 months.
^^

I think he missed the point on this one...
Old 10-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
Shadowe30 is on a distinguished road
Name: Colin
Shadowe30's Tacoma Gallery
Wow she hums. Seems totally drivable and stable.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #13
himmy33 is on a distinguished road

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsumdc View Post
I live in SoCal. Those situations arise all the time. The truck is very well bahaved and can manuver very well. I treat it like a big boxed truck and usually give myself plenty of room. I have people serve in front of me and slam the brakes and with my braking system, huge 13" front discs and 11" rear discs, it stops very well. The steering is very responsive and has kept me out of trouble a number of times.

It really is no different than driving a big Super Duty. It just turns more heads
Makes sense! Love that truck!
Old 11-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #14
Dr 10Jeeps has a spectacular aura aboutDr 10Jeeps has a spectacular aura about

Name: Larry
Dr 10Jeeps's Tacoma Gallery
Nice rig. Good video. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #15
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
You drive a camry.... I like my Beast and don't care about the fuel cost.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #16
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARB1977 View Post
Well put together to say the least.
Thank you.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowe30 View Post
Wow she hums. Seems totally drivable and stable.
It is a very stable truck. then when I want to drive it one the trails I switch the tires and wheels and head for the biggest wall I can find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgHeMpkLNZU
Old 11-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #18
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
^^

I think he missed the point on this one...
yeah he did....
Old 11-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #19
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmy33 View Post
Makes sense! Love that truck!
Thanks man....
Old 11-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #20
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr 10Jeeps View Post
Nice rig. Good video. Thanks.
Thank you and your welcome.