Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Transmission cooler hoses!!! Help

Old 11-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
smtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to behold

smtaco73's Tacoma Gallery
Transmission cooler hoses!!! Help

My transmission cooler hoses were pulled off and spilled an undetermined amount of fluid!!! I need suggestions on what I need to do to fix the problem. Hoses are back on but what do I need to check? I will need my truck for a hunting trip next week so I am in a hurry to fix it.

It was the fitting closest to the cooler
Old 11-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
smtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to behold

smtaco73's Tacoma Gallery
I read that thread already but I was wondering if it would make a difference because it drains from the hoses. Or would I just heat up oil and fill it like its says?
Old 11-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified keyboard mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
If i am understanding what you are asking , the cooling line hoses going to the rad are included when checking the transmission fluid .The cooling lines are still part of the sealed transmission cooling system .Hot transmission fluid goes into the cooling lines , through the cooler and back into the transmission . It doesnt matter where the fluid leaked from , when you are re-filling , always use the same fill procedure that Fortec wrote up
Old 11-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I used the regular procedure to fill my fluid back up after I put in an aux tranny cooler. No issues