Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

My other hobby

Old 01-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #21
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
i road a harley heritage softail all day for 2 days and felt great.... very smooth ride, ballanced extreamly well..... riding my bike for 3 hours and hips hurt, back is sore, no where near the ride quality.....

i personally love the look and sound of harley, the only bike that can compete with the looks IMO are the indians, but to each his own.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:26 PM   #22
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Jackson View Post
i road a harley heritage softail all day for 2 days and felt great.... very smooth ride, ballanced extreamly well..... riding my bike for 3 hours and hips hurt, back is sore, no where near the ride quality.....

i personally love the look and sound of harley, the only bike that can compete with the looks IMO are the indians, but to each his own.
I'm not going to participate in the "To Harley or Not To Harley" debate here. I just figured I'd chime in on what you said about riding the Harley all day for two days vs. 3 hours on your bike.

Your bike is decidedly not the right bike for you if this is the case. Perhaps the only bike for you is in-fact a Heritage Softail, and perhaps there are other bikes, (Japanese, or Domestic) that would fit you as well, and make for all day comfort.

Here's my point. I don't remember if you were involved in the Bicycling thread or not, or how much you know about bicycles (by bicycles I mean things purchased at actuall bike shops, not Walmart, or a 1 size fits all sporting goods store)

In the exact same bicycle, there are multiple sizes.See here

And depending on your level of flexibility, your height, reach, inseam etc. You may be on a completely different size frame, than say your twin brother, who is exactly the same height and weight as you. Then even within two identical frames, we can change things such as saddle fore and aft position, saddle angle, seat height, crank length, stem length, steerer tube length, handlebar width, handlebar drop, handlebar reach... etc.

My point is that I could most likely make you all day comfortable on a bike even if it wasn't completely 100% the right frame size for you. Motorcycles are not nearly that adjustable... Atleast not without major expense and custom fabrication.

Any one of my bicycles is all day comfortable, in-fact I have even ridden in double and tripple centuries (2 or 3 back to back 100 mile days).

And my motorcycle is that comfortable, as evidenced by my Saddle Sore 1000 completion (timed, doccumented, and verified 1000 miles in 24 hours)

So I have gotten a little off-topic, and rambled a bit just to say that you should perhaps consider a different Motorcycle, be it new or used, Japanese or Domestic. If the Harley is the only one that feels right to you then do what you need to do to swing it, but I bet you can find as comfortable of a Honda or whatever, but since Motorcycling is supposed to be about fun and enjoying yourself in more than 3 hour windows.

Regards,
Old 01-21-2008, 01:34 PM   #23
jrallan26 is on a distinguished road

jrallan26's Tacoma Gallery
I have been threatening to sell to sell my old Triumph to a guy at work. I have my eye on a Vincent Black Shadow. I found one, just need to get the guts to pull the trigger on it....
Old 04-18-2008, 07:28 PM   #24
SILVER08 is on a distinguished road
SILVER08's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine, 05 Honda CBR 600RR. Only mods so far are Yoshimura RS5, Puig windshield, seat cowl. More to come later.
Attached Thumbnails
My other hobby-dsc00215.jpg   My other hobby-dsc00213f.jpg  
Old 04-19-2008, 11:25 PM   #25
ChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud of
ChibbMD's Tacoma Gallery
I've got one go-fast bike and one for cruising.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #26
jrallan26 is on a distinguished road

jrallan26's Tacoma Gallery
what model guzzi is that? looks awesome!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:19 AM   #27
iwc3714 will become famous soon enough
iwc3714's Tacoma Gallery
Love my R1 and it matches my tacoma.
Gotta love carbon fiber.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #28
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
finally got my harley back in around the first week of feb.... and i have spent the last couple months customizing it..... got pics in my gallery of before and after....

and yes, the carbon fiber looks cool as shit!!
Old 04-21-2008, 07:36 AM   #29
ChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud of
ChibbMD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrallan26 View Post
what model guzzi is that? looks awesome!
The Guzzi is a 98 California 1100. Nothing fancy. I just put a little personal spin on it. Just stripped off a lot of the extra shiny bits and went to town with powdercoating and black paint.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #30
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I'm on the Harley train? I'm down to two Harleys to one Honda.
Problem is I like them all. My Brother has a couple Victory bikes. Very nice rides.
I mainly like the Harley's for road trips because if there is a breakdown there is a Harley shop fairly near. I personally have never broke down on my own bike while on a trip.
My brother and I spent 3 days in Alberquerque, NM a few years back waiting for parts for his Victory 92 to arrive. The dealer there loaned him a bike while his was down and wouldn't take a dime for the use. Damn nice people.
Anyway this was from my first trip on the 06.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:13 AM   #31
Attack Life.
mpreiss is a jewel in the roughmpreiss is a jewel in the roughmpreiss is a jewel in the rough

mpreiss's Tacoma Gallery
I'm either a Harley man or Sport bike guy I guess. All in all if you're riding I don't care what it is.......One of the best things on earth.