Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

GoPro Test - Hackett Gulch Colorado

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2014, 02:40 PM   #1
KMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
GoPro Test - Hackett Gulch Colorado

Mounted it to my hood due to there being a lot of mud on the trail. Nearly needed a new bumper, lol. Anyway, just a quick video...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FhxHaTR...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-19-2014, 03:17 PM   #3
KMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm copying and pasting not working from cell. Will have to update when I get home. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
Working for me now.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:53 PM   #5
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
That looks like a fun trail. I used the same mounting position a couple of weekends ago and regretted it. Next time I plan to get the truck in the shot. You really don't get the right perspective with the gopro hanging on the nose.

Try putting it on the roof, or the side window. Keep it up.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:02 PM   #6
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKYTXN View Post
That looks like a fun trail. I used the same mounting position a couple of weekends ago and regretted it. Next time I plan to get the truck in the shot. You really don't get the right perspective with the gopro hanging on the nose.

Try putting it on the roof, or the side window. Keep it up.
I agree, my plan was to change it up on each of the three trails we were doing...I was too lazy to switch it, lol. Roof next time for sure .
Old 03-19-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Cool video! I put mine on the top of the windshield, so I could tie it off to the roofrack, in case the suction cup failed. It worked out pretty good.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:35 PM   #8
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMitch View Post
I agree, my plan was to change it up on each of the three trails we were doing...I was too lazy to switch it, lol. Roof next time for sure .
That always happens to me. I get so into what I'm doing I forget to take pictures or set up shots. You should get some of just your truck, maybe hand it off to someone else outside the truck.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:05 PM   #9

SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't have it already you'll want to get yourself a telescoping wand. Here's my latest video. Of course my truck is the one you can't see.

I did hand off the wand to someone else while I tried to get up that ledge at 5:34.

This is the wand I have. It makes for some great shots, and also makes people think that I'm way too close to other trucks.

http://www.amazon.com/XShot-Camera-E...ng+wand+camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBduByialHM
Old 03-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #10
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKYTXN View Post
If you don't have it already you'll want to get yourself a telescoping wand. Here's my latest video. Of course my truck is the one you can't see.

I did hand off the wand to someone else while I tried to get up that ledge at 5:34.

This is the wand I have. It makes for some great shots, and also makes people think that I'm way too close to other trucks.

http://www.amazon.com/XShot-Camera-E...ng+wand+camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBduByialHM
I'm liking that wand. While the wife likes being in the truck, she also likes getting pics and video so I'm sure she wouldn't mind
Old 03-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #11

SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm liking that wand. While the wife likes being in the truck, she also likes getting pics and video so I'm sure she wouldn't mind
It's also good for recording yourself. I've used it snorkeling and could get my whole body in the shot. The only problem is that you'll be wanting a second gopro.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:02 PM   #13
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
That's a fun trail. Did you guys go all the way to the river?
No, there was a group of 15-20 of us plus a decent group of Jeeps behind us so we turned around after hackett rock. Plus we were hitting another trail so decided to turn around there.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #15
TuRD TACO
DeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeSean Thick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
DeSean Thick's Tacoma Gallery
bringing my gopro adds about double the time to complete a run. it's worse than bringing my girlfriend... I spend a ton of time experimenting with placement and mounting tools, but it's worth it to get my truck in the shots too! my sig below is a good example of spending too much time filming and then editing what would otherwise be a pretty tame ride. But i enjoy it. Best shots i think are mounting straight to the truck body but focusing on parts of the truck that are constantly in motion on the trail i.e. mounting next to a fender and pointing it at the wheel well, or mounting it to a window or side mirror and pointing it in at the poor occupants in the cabin that are getting tossed around like babies in a tumble dryer
Old 03-24-2014, 11:37 AM   #16
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
I want to see th video where my dad was waving at the camera and you thought he was spotting you haha
Haha, alright...I'll upload it when I get home from work today.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:46 AM   #17
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can get camera wands cheap off amazon.

Products Discussed in this Thread