Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Waiparous, ab, can winter wheel and winter camp to the falls

Old 03-31-2014, 07:28 AM   #1
RockyMountainYota is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
RockyMountainYota's Tacoma Gallery
Waiparous, ab, can winter wheel and winter camp to the falls

Fun weekend wheeling to falls down Waiparous Valley Road. Really enjoying the roof top tent and a fun night around the camp fire!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aYZNrYfCkQ
Old 03-31-2014, 05:06 PM   #2
Bearded Bandit
RigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RigidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
That video got me pumped to get all my truck ready ASAP, our backyard is beautiful!

End of the month I should be mostly equipped.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:30 AM   #3

Glad that video gets you excited, and yes we do have a beautiful backyard!

I'll keep an eye out for you on the trails and will try to say hi.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
Bearded Bandit
RigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRigidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Was out there on Saturday for a rip around Waiparous. Almost made it to the falls but the sheer ice on the hill before stopped me. Watching the jeep junkies winch after winch made me realize... No winch yet, ill chill down here by the creek with my dog.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:20 AM   #5

Must have been a nice day to be out! I take chains with me, they help so much. And yes a winch is a nice addition too!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:40 AM   #6
Bearded Bandit

Chains and winch are on the list of things I "need". Just In the midst of an argument with my wallet.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #7
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
When that last hill is icy(or any hill for that matter), here's a tip that helps me get to the top when others can't.

Baja it hard, but keep control.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #8
Bearded Bandit

Has totally, we're you there that day? Ran by a few tacos. Was my first time out wheeling, I'll push a bit more next time for sure.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #9
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh I see, absolutely learn your limits and the trail before goin hard.

I wasn't out, no. I haven't been out to waiparous since the last big dump. I generally only go out when there's a fresh load of snow on the trails to bound through.

Speaking of being out with just the dog, one of the recent dumps I went out on a solo fun to the falls. I got out early so I could be the first to the fresh powder. These are the type of snow wheeling days I live for. Absolutely magnificent. Best snow wheeling day I had all winter.

Trail was lost

River crossings were a little sketchy

Snow was deep in some areas. Not stuck here, just kept pushing forward. 8 psi works great in the deep stuff.

Pure bliss. Just me and the dog out playing in the pow.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:31 PM   #10
Bearded Bandit

That's gorgeous, don't know if I'll ever be the solo mission type in the back country. Got a couple guys if bring if anything in case a tow or call for help is needed. Next time this happens shoot me a message, small group of 2-3 is key. Any bigger and you wait.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #11
I am the one who knocks

Yeah I don't generally go alone. But the fellow I planned to go with ditched on me that morning. I wasn't about to let anyone steal that perfect powder from me

Sorry for the Kyle
Old 04-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #12
Bearded Bandit

Ha topic is still on point!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:36 PM   #13
Bearded Bandit

On a side note, u ever see me say hi. Red taco stands out. Especially amongst jeeps..... And the very odd taco we know.