Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Tacoma drifting

Old 09-11-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma drifting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xs19GPPgh8
Old 10-26-2006, 09:47 AM   #2
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
Wow

wow I am impressed i wish i could do that !!!!!!! my truck is to much of a diva to do such moves.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldytaco05 View Post
wow I am impressed i wish i could do that !!!!!!! my truck is to much of a diva to do such moves.
One of them sissy trucks eh??
Old 10-31-2006, 06:54 AM   #4
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Diva Truck

That is so true Bob :0) well it's not a 4x4 and the wheels are too special don't want to play too rough with it
Old 11-27-2006, 09:22 AM   #5
tx_steve is on a distinguished road
tx_steve's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm, what is now called drifting is what we call doing donuts when i was a kid.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #6
Bud is on a distinguished road

Bud's Tacoma Gallery
drifting

Ya, when I was I kid we called it whippin shitties
Old 12-11-2006, 02:35 PM   #7
it's all about me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Ya, when I was I kid we called it whippin shitties
That's a first lol
Old 12-30-2007, 10:36 AM   #8
supra90140 is on a distinguished road
supra90140's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to supra90140
those r donuts drifting is driving sideways and sliding around corners.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:39 AM   #9
TacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to all

TacoSupreme's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like donuts to me.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #10
Saratogian
DefyInertia is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
DefyInertia's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm...donuts
Old 12-30-2007, 03:16 PM   #11
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmmm I'd call that "Abuse"

Don G
Old 01-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #12
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Yeah, I'd say donuts too... Reminds of me of having some fun in mud/water a few months ago shortly after doing the locker mod!

Old 01-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #13
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Drifting is usuallly done on a course as opposed to just circles. I was doing some out in the desert just last week.

A buddy of mine was doing backwards donuts in his Ford Explorer on Pismo Beach. That was a little nerve racking to me.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:03 AM   #14
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Cool video Bob but it's more fun to do donuts on the road.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #15
Brians03Taco is on a distinguished road
Brians03Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
Drifting is usuallly done on a course as opposed to just circles. I was doing some out in the desert just last week.

A buddy of mine was doing backwards donuts in his Ford Explorer on Pismo Beach. That was a little nerve racking to me.

You should tell your buddy to quit that or else we wont have anymore Pismo beach to drive on, or dunes to ride in. I live in SLO and watch a lot of idiots doing that crap out on the beaches, not only is it dangerous but it provides ammunition to those who seek to have Pismo closed to OHV use.

~Brian
Old 02-18-2008, 12:02 AM   #16
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brians03Taco View Post
You should tell your buddy to quit that or else we wont have anymore Pismo beach to drive on, or dunes to ride in. I live in SLO and watch a lot of idiots doing that crap out on the beaches, not only is it dangerous but it provides ammunition to those who seek to have Pismo closed to OHV use.

~Brian
Thanks for sharing. I hope you feel better. You don't know me or my friend well enough to group us in with anyone. You weren't there and know nothing of the conditions or surroundings that day to say whether he was operating the truck in an unsafe manner.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:22 AM   #17
Brians03Taco is on a distinguished road
Brians03Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
Thanks for sharing. I hope you feel better. You don't know me or my friend well enough to group us in with anyone. You weren't there and know nothing of the conditions or surroundings that day to say whether he was operating the truck in an unsafe manner.
Your welcome for sharing, wasn't grouping you just giving you a heads up. Any kind of stuff like that is ammunition for the people trying to get the place shut down. The conditions and surroundings are moot point, that sort of thing gets crap closed down. If you don't believe me talk to the American Sand association and see what they think. Or better yet have a conversation with tread lightly. I'm just sick of seeing closures and almost getting run over by idiots who get out on the beach and loose their brains. Not to mention the moguls that inevitably get dug in the middle and the base of the dunes that have killed riders from donuts. I am not implying not having fun. Just think about whats going on and how you carry yourself in a place that is on the brink of being closed or at least give your buddy a heads up next time he does something like that....

Heres some reading material that has to do with the closures and one site that is dedicated to closing down Pismo to all OHV use.
http://www.newtimesslo.com/index.php...rticle&id=2347

http://www.safebeachnow.org/events.html

~Brian
Old 02-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brians03Taco View Post
Your welcome for sharing, wasn't grouping you just giving you a heads up. Any kind of stuff like that is ammunition for the people trying to get the place shut down. The conditions and surroundings are moot point, that sort of thing gets crap closed down. If you don't believe me talk to the American Sand association and see what they think. Or better yet have a conversation with tread lightly. I'm just sick of seeing closures and almost getting run over by idiots who get out on the beach and loose their brains. Not to mention the moguls that inevitably get dug in the middle and the base of the dunes that have killed riders from donuts. I am not implying not having fun. Just think about whats going on and how you carry yourself in a place that is on the brink of being closed or at least give your buddy a heads up next time he does something like that....

Heres some reading material that has to do with the closures and one site that is dedicated to closing down Pismo to all OHV use.
http://www.newtimesslo.com/index.php...rticle&id=2347

http://www.safebeachnow.org/events.html

~Brian
Going around in circles two times isn't going to close down Pismo. Our speed was low when traveling down the beach, within 10 mph, and it was at a time and place where there wasn't much traffic or population on the beach. There was no one around within 300 ft in any direction. There was no danger to anyone. It's not the reckless behavior you're making it out to be.

From the links you posted, it seems like it's the simple fact that you have an OHV on the beach, not what you're doing with it.

What bothers people is noise, speed, pollution and drunkenness. Those are the people who will be responsible for getting it closed down. I saw many people who race up and down the beach as fast as they can go on their atvs with open exhausts, even at night. That's the kind of stuff that bothers people.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:59 PM   #19
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supra90140 View Post
those r donuts drifting is driving sideways and sliding around corners.
we just always called it fishtailing around turns. drifting is the new lame name for it
Old 02-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #20
2000Tacomer is on a distinguished road

2000Tacomer's Tacoma Gallery
It's the japanese word for fishtailing. They "came up" with the "sport" so it caught on in America. It is fun to do, but it's not by any means anything more than fishtailing. It's just a way to drive, and cause more wear and tear on your vehicle.