Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Tacoma Safety Concerns?

Old 02-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #21
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

lawnrevenge's Tacoma Gallery
"...he's one of at least twenty 2007 Toyota Tacoma owners..."

What's with Canadians and listening skills?
Old 02-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #22
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnrevenge View Post
"...he's one of at least twenty 2007 Toyota Tacoma owners..."

lmfao ...... at least 20
Old 02-28-2008, 11:12 PM   #23
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnrevenge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalofan View Post
I think the video said 22,000 people complained. did i hear that right?
I may not be able to hear, but I sure can read.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:39 PM   #24
Tacoma_CT is on a distinguished road
Tacoma_CT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Tacoma_CT
i can tell you right now iv had my break pedal not pushed in just sitting at a light on a little hill and its lunged and i went about 6 inches tops and i never hit the break..... furthermore if someone gets in to an accedent from that its all on them for geting that close to someones bumper in the first place they should send that person to drivers ed..... and furthermore iv never had a hard time stoping my tacoma in my opinion that thing stops on a dime

Tacoma_CT
Old 03-03-2008, 09:16 AM   #25
gsxr3000 is on a distinguished road

gsxr3000's Tacoma Gallery
to add to what tacoma_ct said about drivers ed...
I remember being taught that you should be able to see the bumper of the car in front of you when stopped at a red light.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:07 AM   #26
vivafire is on a distinguished road

vivafire's Tacoma Gallery
Mine does that bit, I haven't notice it to do it in awhile.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:49 AM   #27
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalofan View Post
I think the video said 22,000 people complained. did i hear that right?
That was twenty, 2007 Tacoma owners out of ? Go to the gym so you can push in that clutch.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #28
Closed
FMFTaco is on a distinguished road
FMFTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How can a manual transmission surge?!?! When you have the clutch pushed in, it is impossible. Retarded.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:26 PM   #29
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMFTaco View Post
How can a manual transmission surge?!?! When you have the clutch pushed in, it is impossible. Retarded.
It's not a manual tranny issue, friggin automatics suck.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:20 PM   #30
Closed
FMFTaco is on a distinguished road
FMFTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
It's not a manual tranny issue, friggin automatics suck.
I can believe an automatic doing it, but a manual? The man in the video claims his truck does it, and it's a stick. LOL The only possible way a manual could do it is if the slave unit is going out, maybe. But then he would have to have that problem and the unlikly chance that HIS truck surges also. I just cant see it
Old 06-16-2008, 01:46 AM   #31
Eat My Dirt
Siafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the rough

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
I sell toyota's and i see ppl like that F***** Guy in the video all the time. deal with it your driving a flippin bad ass truck thats got way more pros than cons. retards.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:30 AM   #32
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
If your truck suddenly decides to to take off, I dont see why people don't just shift into neutral.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #33
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
The guy in the video is obviously a moron. Morons like to blame their vehicles for their lack of skill in driving. The most egregious example goes back to the Audi 5000. To review the most famous case…

In Canton, Ohio, Kristi Bradowsky shifted the automatic transmission in her 1985 Audi 5000 from park to drive while waiting for her 6-year-old son Joshua to open the garage door. The car unexpectedly accelerated. Bradowsky hit the brakes but was unable to stop the rapid acceleration. The car sped into Joshua, dragging him through the garage and fatally crushing him against the back wall.

Of course what she did was step on the accelerator instead of the brake.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #34
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
yeap there aint no cure for stupid.
yep.....no cure for stupid at all.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #35
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
I can see it happening with an automatic transmission, I owned three Nissans before my Tacoma and they did it too. As for a manual and worried about running into someone's rear, GET REAL ! That never even crossed my mind I always knew it was a normal tendency for automatics to behave like that. I think what happens is the truck changes into a lower gear and the brake pedal (foot on brake) pressure is not enough to keep it stopped, therefore I always kept my foot firmly on the brake pedal, his being a manual, maybe his clutch is slipping (just a wild speculation, I'm not a mechanic).
Old 07-23-2008, 01:51 AM   #36
TS7867 is on a distinguished road
TS7867's Tacoma Gallery
My 07' does the same thing when almost stopped or just stopped. Must be a downshift into low gear. I have had it catch me off guard at times but i only move a few inches. Obviously you would think once it happens a couple of times people would get used to it and compensate for it. If people think its dangerous, then get rid of it. Just like the previous posts, i dont understand how that guy can have a problem with a stick unless its a cruise control kicking in issue when he is at speed which has happened on other makes/vehicles. trying to decifer non-mechanically inclined peoples actual problems/descriptions is usually difficult already and then the media comes in and screws up the details more. No big surprise.