Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Tacoma Safety Concerns?

Old 01-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Tacoma Safety Concerns?

Wow, i was looking for tacoma videos and i ended up on this one...... kinda freaky, but it's never happened to me...........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOAl-hh_-v4
Old 01-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
good post......but its been discussed alot too. it always seems to be either something with the tranny that people just get used to, or it happens with the air conditioning on, when the compressor kicks in, and most people get used to it too. not exactly sure what the real fix for it is though.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
this is typical media, they are completely biased about the issue. yes it does happen, mine will do something of the nature from time to time when I'm sitting at a red light...all of the sudden, the engine seems to rev about 200 rpm. maybe some do it more severely than in my case, but just like tacomaman60 said, you get used to it very easily. personally, the amount of pressure i put on the brake pedal when I'm stopped is more than enough to keep the truck from even budging. i can only feel it when i really look for it. and it only happens about once a week, and i drive a lot.

my advise for anyone looking to buy a new tacoma. i wouldn't worry about it too much. especially, since only 20 of the who knows how many taco owners have complained
Old 01-29-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
That dude on the video just sounds like a candy ass. Furthermore, they don't discuss the actual details of the problem. If he's complaining about the surge when the truck is stopped or going slow, then he is definitely a whiny little b****.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #5
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
That dude on the video just sounds like a candy ass. Furthermore, they don't discuss the actual details of the problem. If he's complaining about the surge when the truck is stopped or going slow, then he is definitely a whiny little b****.
How can it surge forward when he is stopped? It was a manual transmission!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:59 AM   #6
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
How can it surge forward when he is stopped? It was a manual transmission!!!
My guess would be he was in 1st gear and his left leg got lazy and let the clutch engage too fast shooting him forward. thats the only possible way a surge can happen with a manual
Old 01-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #7
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
What a douche bag! Fuck some people are stupid...I just hope this guy never reproduced. Exactly what ndcouch said, he probably let the clutch out while stopped.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #8
emad is on a distinguished road

emad's Tacoma Gallery
that guy is full of it first of it is a manual tranny the clutch should be in when stopped second if he didnt like the comfort y did he buy it he didnt take it for a test drive yea right i have never had any problems with my truck taco all the way baby the video was completley bias
Old 01-30-2008, 11:08 AM   #9
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I bet his floor mat forced his skinny pedal down and that forced the surge.

But thanks for posting the video. My blood pressure was a little low.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #10
Wtf am i suppose to type here?
LazyRyan has a spectacular aura aboutLazyRyan has a spectacular aura about
LazyRyan's Tacoma Gallery
mine does that.....when my foot is not on the brake. this usually happens to me but thats only if i have like feather like pressure on the brake at a stop, it usally surges like 1 inch. i just put some pressure on the brake and wow im not moving!
Old 02-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #11
Tug is on a distinguished road
Tug's Tacoma Gallery
I almost hate to say anything but the vehicle is doing something its not designed to do. Americans are sue happy, how long do you think its going to be before someone "accidently" rear ends another car and tries to sue Toyota for the "acccident"?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #12
Zebra is on a distinguished road

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
If something is that "unsafe" i'm sure in the fuck not going to drive it. dude is driving all over city and highway in it. must not be that unsafe!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #13
Buffalofan is on a distinguished road

Buffalofan's Tacoma Gallery
This guy sounds like a stuttering idiot. If you don't like it then trade it in or sell it on the street.

If I felt my car or truck was not safe I would not be driving it.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #14
Buffalofan is on a distinguished road

Buffalofan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
this is typical media, they are completely biased about the issue. yes it does happen, mine will do something of the nature from time to time when I'm sitting at a red light...all of the sudden, the engine seems to rev about 200 rpm. maybe some do it more severely than in my case, but just like tacomaman60 said, you get used to it very easily. personally, the amount of pressure i put on the brake pedal when I'm stopped is more than enough to keep the truck from even budging. i can only feel it when i really look for it. and it only happens about once a week, and i drive a lot.

my advise for anyone looking to buy a new tacoma. i wouldn't worry about it too much. especially, since only 20 of the who knows how many taco owners have complained
I think the video said 22,000 people complained. did i hear that right?
Old 02-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #15
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalofan View Post
I think the video said 22,000 people complained. did i hear that right?
That's 22,000 dumb Americans.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:20 AM   #16
Canadian Taco
corywilson13 is on a distinguished road

corywilson13's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to corywilson13
so there are a few canadian guys on here!
Old 02-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #17
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by corywilson13 View Post
so there are a few canadian guys on here!
GAH! Not another one!

(Welcome to TW! )
Old 02-17-2008, 03:37 PM   #18
TacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud of

TacoSter's Tacoma Gallery
Wow... what a dork... umm can you say... step on the brake when your stopped? Sure I feel the A/C kick in but common sense says umm "brake pedal"
Old 02-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #19
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Let me think. The guy's driving a 5 speed. I drive a 5 speed. If I remember correctly it takes a combined effort of depressing the right peddle and releasing the left peddle to get the truck to move. Someone needs to take the truck away from that idiot.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:37 PM   #20
Brians03Taco is on a distinguished road
Brians03Taco's Tacoma Gallery
"I don't even like driving the car, its uncomfortable" he says. Didn't this candy ass moron test drive the damned thing before he bought it? I mean common, I really don't understand how people get saddled with a truck they don't like when they had the opportunity to check it all out before they signed the friggen papers. Theres a reason you test drive a vehicle, to see if it fits what you want ergonomically, performance wise, and whether or not the stupid thing works the way it is supposed to. Sheesh gimmie a break!

~Brian