Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

Burnout Anyone?

Old 02-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
Smitherz has a spectacular aura aboutSmitherz has a spectacular aura about

Name: R
Smitherz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Smitherz Send a message via AIM to Smitherz Send a message via MSN to Smitherz Send a message via Yahoo to Smitherz Send a message via Skype™ to Smitherz
Burnout Anyone?

I got tired of my 3RZ. Having to downshift when the wind changes direction against your truck was aggravating. Power is not a problem now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8grTIRTG3w

Old 02-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
You put a V8 in it?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
I dont know a whole lot about engines, all I see is 4.0L
Old 02-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #7
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Well it says Lexus next to it.
Got ya, thats bad ass. Thanks for pointing it out
Old 02-15-2010, 10:12 PM   #8

Send a message via ICQ to Smitherz Send a message via AIM to Smitherz Send a message via MSN to Smitherz Send a message via Yahoo to Smitherz Send a message via Skype™ to Smitherz
Yeah the Lexus 1UZ-FE (aluminum alloy block). I'm building a street exhaust soon. It's way too loud at the moment hehe. There are only 2 straight through mufflers right now.

Paso Robles, CA
Old 02-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #10

Yea. I took almost 2 years to build the engine and saved some materials, stocked up on parts I knew I would need. Then I backed the truck in the garage and dropped the 4cyl out. I did the swap in just under one year. I got sidetracked riding street bikes for a couple months in the summer so that slowed me down a little. I have a lot more planned too. But the engine is in now and that means I can go ahead and start dreaming up a roll cage design - not for racing.. just for messing around offroad and stuff.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #11
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitherz View Post
Yea. I took almost 2 years to build the engine and saved some materials, stocked up on parts I knew I would need. Then I backed the truck in the garage and dropped the 4cyl out. I did the swap in just under one year. I got sidetracked riding street bikes for a couple months in the summer so that slowed me down a little. I have a lot more planned too. But the engine is in now and that means I can go ahead and start dreaming up a roll cage design - not for racing.. just for messing around offroad and stuff.
Nice build. You should start a build thread in the Builds section.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:37 AM   #12

Maybe when I start the cage. That's actually going to be more fun. =] I have a sub box with all the components mounted on it that fills up the whole rear of the cab. I want to integrate a mounting platform into the cage so that it doesn't sit on the cabs flimsy metal and bend it more. No matter what I did before it would damage the cab when I went off road. Now the seats, stereo stuff will sit on the rollcage and not harm the cab.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:40 AM   #13
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, That's one mean sounding small block...Nice build.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #14
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, i love it. I want it in my truck. How much did the engine cost you including the ECU if you don't mind me asking.
Is your transmission manual and are you 4x4?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #15
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #16
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
That is sooo cool. Good job on the install, its clean.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:38 AM   #18

Thanks guys. It's a ton of work doing something like this and I just forced myself to keep the ball rolling. Your hours building things are expensive when you're doing it for days on end. But the engines can be had CHEAP. This is the only easy part - getting one! I ended up getting a second one for a price I couldn't pass up. There are tons of them out there and you can buy a complete engine for cheaper than you can buy just a couple of parts you might need for your 1st engine. You just have to make sure you get everything you need with them when you do make a deal for one. I recommend getting a complete wrecked or left for dead Lexus because you NEED the wiring and components to match the engine year and model it came from. You can find the cars for like $1,000 easy. It won't be in the best shape but the engines are bulletproof and last forever. The standalone ECU was over $1,300 and I wired every single wire myself. They aren't as easy to hook up as you might think. I'm good with electronics and I was shocked how much harder it was to wire up than I anticipated. You have to run a wideband o2 I used an Innovate wideband computer... couple hundred more $.

Mine is 4wd... one of the very few 1UZ's in the world with a manual trans & 4wd. Not bragging at all it's EXTREMELY difficult. I had to design the adapter in CAD (extremely time consuming measuring and reverse engineering) and waterjet and CNC'd to get a final operational piece.

Then I had to shorten the bellhousing.

Then you the flywheel is a custom jobby. I chucked the crap shift fork for a sweet racing hydraulic throwout bearing (300 or so more $$) I machined its mounting tabs for the transmission. I highly recommend you have a vertical mill in your garage (who doesn't right?) to use for all this stuff - it's the best tool you'll use besides a welder. My clutch is so easy you would be amazed. I threw all the receipts out as I try to forget about how much I've paid for everything over the last year. It's all a ton of fab work and lots of custom wiring. The radiator is a stupid amount of custom work too. But oh when you hit that throttle...
Old 02-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #19
Valdosta State University
Taco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco GTR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Orrin
Taco GTR's Tacoma Gallery
thats bad ass