Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

winter driving

Old 02-17-2010, 05:05 AM   #1
Membrrrrrr
netmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

netmagi's Tacoma Gallery
winter driving

If you live in the Northeast, I'm sure you enjoyed this same storm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sTtUEQvD2M

-Rich
Old 02-17-2010, 05:26 AM   #2
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, its been real fun. I still cant find my mailbox.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:31 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
4Hi ftw.

I find 4lo really only useful for slow crawling over extremely uneven surfaces (rock, rutted trail) or to help control speed on descent on a slick surface, although with DAC it and the locker aren't really needed for that either.

Higher wheel RPM in 4Hi probably helped you clear your tread faster and probably gave you a little more momentum through the crap. What tires you runnin?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:32 AM   #4
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt see a video - what did I miss?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:33 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Hill attempt, 1x in 4lo/a-trac @ slow speed, bogged down in deep slush (too much torque breaking the wheels loose/not enough momentum most likely). 2nd attempt in 4Hi/TRAC pushed right through with a little help from VSC.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:35 AM   #6
TRIFECTA!!!

swise's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!

I ran over a snowman someone built too close to the road
Old 02-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #7
EBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really nice

Name: Rob
EBBS03's Tacoma Gallery
No issues getting through where I live. I have some pretty bad hilly areas, and no plows a lot of the streets I drove during the storm (happens when the city is in debt up to its ears). I kept it in 2wd as long as I could, but make the half hour ride home from work, and got stuck outside my neighborhood. 4-hi got me through. I've never used 4-low in any suv/truck I've driven.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:58 AM   #8
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Momentum is key.

Do you have the stock tires?
Old 02-18-2010, 04:25 AM   #9
adktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of light
Navy: mm-subs
Name: danny
adktacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice vid, ya that warm snow can be worse than ice, All these storms are going south of us, haven't had a powder day all year.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:09 AM   #10
Membrrrrrr
netmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shednetmagi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

netmagi's Tacoma Gallery
yep, stock tires and they are *terrible* in the snow. .

I miss the Cooper Discoverer ATR's I had on my 1st gen. Those tires were a great balance of on/off/mud/snow/price. When the stockers wear out, I'll be fitting a set of those

-Rich
Old 03-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #12
SCDudeBro is on a distinguished road
SCDudeBro's Tacoma Gallery
iPhone did a good job filming. 3Gs?
I like watching these videos of Tacomas torque'n it through the snow. I've had my taco for over two years now and only been in the snow a couple times.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:49 AM   #13
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
I Have Never Seen Snow Like That Crazyness!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #14
eschonle is a jewel in the rougheschonle is a jewel in the rougheschonle is a jewel in the rough

Name: eric
eschonle's Tacoma Gallery
makes me glad i live in the Pacific North West. I feel sorry for all you east-coasters
Old 09-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #15
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
Great video. I particularly appreciated the dialog bubbles. It was fun to see what you're thoughts were as you approached the whole situation.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:20 PM   #16
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Those storms were fun. That damn beeping would drive me nuts. I was in NJ and we got dumped on by that storm. i played in our local parks hill climbing

high sided on a snow bank

this guy is nuts.....
what were you thinking?? where were you going???
Old 11-30-2010, 01:26 PM   #17
andy2003 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andy
andy2003's Tacoma Gallery
yeah you have to go oldschool in the snow skid control is for when the wife is driving put that beast in 4H and shit and get it!!! My wife has an 08 4runner and that crap wears me out. I will admitt the new yota 4x4's are refined and awesome im just used to always having the 4bangers that dont even have a locking diff in the rear you just buy good tires grip it and rip it. Awesome vid love my iphone too.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:03 AM   #19
'02TRD will become famous soon enough

Name: Jason
'02TRD's Tacoma Gallery
if my truck ever told me what to do (beeped at me) i would slap it in its face. at least you made it though!!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:01 AM   #20
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by '02TRD View Post
if my truck ever told me what to do (beeped at me) i would slap it in its face. at least you made it though!!
a track hater