Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

My TRD Sport with and without rear CATS

Old 04-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
My TRD Sport with and without rear CATS

Alright here it is. Before and after video...

I like the change, but then again everyones got their own opinion.

So for those thinking of removing Cats, here you go;

Old 04-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
awesome vid man. your truck sounded good before.....but with the rear cats gone.........it sounds much throatier and has a deeper growl..............friggin awesome man!! im definitely gonna get mine done soon. i have been thinking about doing it.......but after hearing yours........its a done deal!!!

what differences have you noticed,if any, since you took out the rears???
Old 04-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
awesome vid man. your truck sounded good before.....but with the rear cats gone.........it sounds much throatier and has a deeper growl..............friggin awesome man!! im definitely gonna get mine done soon. i have been thinking about doing it.......but after hearing yours........its a done deal!!!

what differences have you noticed,if any, since you took out the rears???
Thanks,

My son was the camera man, and said exactly what you said... It feels good when a Mod actually goes as planned...
Old 04-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Thanks,

My son was the camera man, and said exactly what you said... It feels good when a Mod actually goes as planned...
you will be at the tacoma meet,right?? if so......cool, we get to hear it in person.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you will be at the tacoma meet,right?? if so......cool, we get to hear it in person.
I will be coming down with JHODGE...
Old 04-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #6

Quote:
I will be coming down with JHODGE...
hell yeah!!! gonna be a kickass time man!!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:44 AM   #7
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good man! Get a set of long tube headers and then see how loud it gets.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:47 AM   #8
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Did you throw any codes? I would guess that it might throw a lean code.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:51 AM   #9
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
I could be wrong but I think only the front cats will throw a code if they are removed.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:04 AM   #10
06tacoma is on a distinguished road

06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
So did you replace the cats with just straight pipe sounds really good and also did you do it your self or did you have an exhaust shop do it i know alot of exhaust shops dont do it because of laws and stuff
Old 04-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #11
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
Sounds good man! Get a set of long tube headers and then see how loud it gets.
I bet... Actually dont want it to be that loud, without something like a supercharger to back it up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
Nope, no codes. Like homer said, still got the front cats so good to go. And not much change in the exhaust smell either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacoma View Post
So did you replace the cats with just straight pipe sounds really good and also did you do it your self or did you have an exhaust shop do it i know alot of exhaust shops dont do it because of laws and stuff
Yes, straight pipe exactly same size as Y-pipe, it's aluminized piping that the shop used, by the time that rust I'm sure there will be more competetive pricing for mandrel bent y-piping.

But mostly Im happy with it. Fun to open it up at times, and sounds nice for my daily driving. Definately gets others attention...
Old 10-22-2008, 09:27 PM   #12
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
thanks for the vids! Sounds awesome!!
Old 10-23-2008, 06:58 AM   #14
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
First Up- Nice NICE sound. Bravo for a job well done!!

Now for the questions:
Did you have them place a bung for the rear O2 sensor or use an O2 sim or just skip it??

Change anything with the feel of engine during those heavy accels??
Running URD Y-pipe now. But, when I had that set up, I just had it cut right after the O2 bung. You definately dont want to cut that off.

Performace gains were a little more on the upper RPM's. The only diff between that set up and My URD Y-pipe is that the Y-pipe introduces a deeper throatier note...
Old 10-23-2008, 02:10 PM   #15
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
any proven results for performance gains or just the seat of the pants meter?
Old 10-23-2008, 05:45 PM   #17
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
So, what is everything that you got on there? That truck sounds EXACTLY how I want mine to.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:18 PM   #18
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
u have a Borla right?
Just seat of pants, no proven HP. But I can tell when it's pulling hard. And it's mostly all above 3500 RPM's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
So, what is everything that you got on there? That truck sounds EXACTLY how I want mine to.
True Flow XDI Intake, JBA Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Borla SS CatBack. And a bunch of other goodies not relating to sound...
Old 10-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #19
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds great! Im planning on removing the cat on my little 4cyl
Old 10-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #20
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
True Flow XDI Intake, JBA Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Borla SS CatBack. And a bunch of other goodies not relating to sound...

Nice!