Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tacoma Videos

Notices

tacoma gymkhana ...sort of

Old 06-22-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
torx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trav
torx82's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma gymkhana ...sort of

I got tired of seeing crap 'go pro camera' videos all over youtube, so I went out and bought one and this is what I came up with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZslWPiTMR8

*make sure to kick it up to high def*

check out my other videos at:

www.youtube.com/torx82

-TJ
Old 06-22-2010, 06:03 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:11 AM   #3
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Nice dude.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #4
excalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud of

excalis's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet...

That looks well put together man, plus the driving is awesome

Was it tough to do? The video camera placement? I had been wanting to do a scene similar to the Miami Vice one with the Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight" song. Just didn't know about the camera mounts and stuff. Instead of the black car it would be my black tacoma

Anyway, great job man!!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:38 AM   #7
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
wow thats great! That looks like it could be a commercial for toyota
Old 06-22-2010, 06:46 AM   #8
Boosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really nice

Name: Cliff
Boosted17's Tacoma Gallery
Cool video!
Old 06-22-2010, 08:32 AM   #9
Voodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really niceVoodoo Rufus is just really nice

Name: Jason
Voodoo Rufus's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck control. I look forward to more of your videos.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:43 AM   #12
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Where are my manners?

Welcome to the site, that is one hell of a first post.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #13
torx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to beholdtorx82 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trav
torx82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalis View Post
That looks well put together man, plus the driving is awesome

Was it tough to do? The video camera placement? I had been wanting to do a scene similar to the Miami Vice one with the Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight" song. Just didn't know about the camera mounts and stuff. Instead of the black car it would be my black tacoma

Anyway, great job man!!

Thanks to everyone for the nice feedback!!!

But the video was not too tough to do, it was a hell of alot of fun though!! I think I was out there for 4 or 5 hours getting shots, had to unload all the dirtbike stuff from the back when I found this place.

I bought the go pro HD 'motorsports' edition. $230 on amazon, and it comes with a whole bunch of mounts. It includes a suction cup mount that I used to mount the camera on the sides and hood, as long as the paint is clean it will mount really stong (bring some quik detalier and a rag if you are gonna be in mud). It also came with some adhesive mounts that I used to get the shot of the suspension. It was mounted upside down so I had to flip the frame right side up in the editing program.

Half the fun is finding places to mount the thing and seeing how they turn out when you get home. I had a few more shots from the underside, but the lens was getting covered in mud too quick.

Just wish there was a CV joint and axle sticking into the back of the knuckle on that suspension shot!

But anyway, thanks for watching!!!

-TJ
Old 06-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #14
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
that was pretty cool man
Old 06-22-2010, 09:52 AM   #15
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
that was pretty cool!

good job
Old 06-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #18
4X4_TRD has a spectacular aura about4X4_TRD has a spectacular aura about

Navy: Survival Instructor
Name: Justin
4X4_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
That was sick!! You know if you want a CV joint and axle in that suspension shot, I'd be more than happy to let you video MY truck doing that. Road trip to San Diego!
Old 06-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #20
FJ Cruiser
KEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kurt
KEG'sTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to KEG'sTACO
That was awesome! I can't wait for more.