Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Rust-oleum help Needed

Old 06-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
Rust-oleum help Needed

Hey Guys, I finally got my rear bumper and I am working on painting it. I got some rust-oleum hammered as it says you do not have to prime with it, but the color is more grey/silver than black, and I don't like it.

I was wondering, can I do a second coat of plain old black oil based rust-oleum ontop of the hammered? I beleive they are both oil based, so I think its ok. Anyone ever done this?

Thanks
Old 06-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I used that stuff as well and was unhappy with the dark grey color instead of black. I decided to just do a light sand and then hit my sliders with the rustoleum spray on bedliner. Ive become quite addicted to using that stuff now... its perfect. Looks like a slight rough textured black powdercoat, is durable, and easy to touch up.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
OK, I went for it.....just put a second coat of regular semi gloss black rust-oleum that I had left over from my sliders. Lets hope the paint doesnt melt off or something. haha