Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Wiring radar detector

Old 06-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
silvertacoman is on a distinguished road

Name: Sean
silvertacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Wiring radar detector

I was wondering if anyone has hard wired a radar detector to their Tacoma. I have a 2010 Taco Sport Edition 4X4. I want to wire it through the head liner top console were the overhead lights/clock/thermometer are located.

BTW, I am new to TacomaWorld and I love this site. Great info with great members.

Thank you,
Sean
Old 06-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
There is a post somewhere around here with all the different mounts...I'm trying to find it
Old 06-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Found it.....http://http://www.tacomaworld.com/fo...-location.html
Old 06-29-2010, 11:16 AM   #4
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I hard wired mine to the 12V Acc wire behind my headunit. The wire drops down right in the middle between the dash and the headunit dash kit. I cut a tiny notch out of the dash kit so it wouldn't rub the wire raw.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
^^^ that didn't work
Old 06-29-2010, 11:21 AM   #6

Ok you are right it didnt, sorry. Just type in radar detector and you will find it
Old 06-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #8
silvertacoman is on a distinguished road

Name: Sean
silvertacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys.... I used the post from jefferson: How to: Wire a Stock Auto-Dimming Mirror
He is right on the money.... I tapped right into the live and ground from the temp/compass plug. My radar detector sets right underneath the rearview mirror... looks sharp. Thanks again for all your input.