Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

1995 Toyota Tacoma Starting Issues

Old 07-02-2010, 06:58 AM   #1
dologiles will become famous soon enoughdologiles will become famous soon enough
dologiles's Tacoma Gallery
1995 Toyota Tacoma Starting Issues

Hey guys,

I am having some issues with my truck starting, every now and then. When I start it up first thing in the morning it starts up great without any problems but sometimes after I drive it for a while then turn it off, it is having problems starting back up. It will turnover but will not start unless I let it sit for a little while.

This happened twice in one day so I took it to a mechanic, a friend of mine, to have him check out. I was thinking it had something to do with the distributor so he checked the plugs, distributor cap, wires and the actual distributor and found nothing to be wrong with any of them.

I am at a loss as to what it could be, any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don
Old 07-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dologiles View Post
Hey guys,

I am having some issues with my truck starting, every now and then. When I start it up first thing in the morning it starts up great without any problems but sometimes after I drive it for a while then turn it off, it is having problems starting back up. It will turnover but will not start unless I let it sit for a little while.

This happened twice in one day so I took it to a mechanic, a friend of mine, to have him check out. I was thinking it had something to do with the distributor so he checked the plugs, distributor cap, wires and the actual distributor and found nothing to be wrong with any of them.

I am at a loss as to what it could be, any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don
What engine you have in there ?
Old 07-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #3
dologiles will become famous soon enoughdologiles will become famous soon enough
dologiles's Tacoma Gallery
4 cyl 2.7 liter 4WD