Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Red (spray) Paint

Old 07-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
SPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
SPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Red (spray) Paint

I've noticed a number of members here painting various parts on your truck. What type of paint are you using for the following components:
  • Brake Calipers
  • Plastic engine cover
  • Front Coil Springs (if you do paint them)

Thanks
Old 07-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
ScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Corpsman
Name: Scott
ScottyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Auto Zone has Red brake caliper paint. It costs a lot more than rustoleum but it is worth the extra cost.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
Rather than starting a new thread on this I'm just going to revive this one.....

I want to paint my new 883 red to match my KYB monomax to give it that sort of coil over set-up look. Anybody do this? I know someone is going to suggest, Plasti dip!

Also, thinking about re purposing my Westin light bar to look prerunner style but the black finish has faded after 6 years in the sun. Short of powder coating what's a good durable paint for this?
Old 05-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
For engine cover, i used:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Rust-Oleum's red spray paint for plastic.. I think its called china red

-AnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORT View Post
I've noticed a number of members here painting various parts on your truck. What type of paint are you using for the following components:
  • Brake Calipers
  • Plastic engine cover
  • Front Coil Springs (if you do paint them)

Thanks
Old 05-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #5
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brelandt View Post
Rather than starting a new thread on this I'm just going to revive this one.....

I want to paint my new 883 red to match my KYB monomax to give it that sort of coil over set-up look. Anybody do this? I know someone is going to suggest, Plasti dip!

Also, thinking about re purposing my Westin light bar to look prerunner style but the black finish has faded after 6 years in the sun. Short of powder coating what's a good durable paint for this?
I have used Rustoleum textured black on my back bumper and underneath wear I have scratched off the factory paint and it holds up quite well. Its about $6 a can at home depot or walmart.