Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Supercharger Disassembly

Old 07-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
Don't go off ninjin
TacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: AMMO
Name: Daniel
TacomaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger Disassembly

Hey would you guys recommend disassembling the supercharger? It doesnt look that difficult at all. Its a little dirty and i want to make sure it is pristine with i throw it in. Like parts wash an everything. I wouldnt wash the actual impellers but definitely the ports and intake tubes. Any recommendations? I can do it myself cause it doesnt look that hard. But I have never worked with forced induction or superchargers and I dont know if there is anything I need to watch out for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel
Old 07-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
http://thepontiacgtppage.com/m90.html
Old 07-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
Don't go off ninjin
TacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
So I can just go ahead and disassemble it and have no worries? Because it definitely needsa parts wash...
Old 07-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaDan View Post
So I can just go ahead and disassemble it and have no worries? Because it definitely needsa parts wash...
I havent disassembled on eto clean it. Just the nose cone to change the oil.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
Don't go off ninjin
Ya she needs a clean and I wanna check out the impellers to make sure there arent any debris. I found some in the intake tract and I am scared there is more. It's nothing crazy maybe just dust but still. I dont want to risk it with all the BOOST thats going to be going on up in here.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #6
Don't go off ninjin
So ya... I'm f'ed... Ill upload pics in a second.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #7
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
I'd do it
Old 07-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #8
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #9
Don't go off ninjin
You guys may not want to stick around for this. Some very gruesome pics about to be uploaded....
Old 07-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #10
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You guys may not want to stick around for this. Some very gruesome pics about to be uploaded....
i'm defenetly staying
Old 07-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #11
Don't go off ninjin
Well while youre waiting we should start a TacomaDan donation thread so I can get this thing rebuilt...
Old 07-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #13
Don't go off ninjin
Ok...

First We have the throttle body intake tract.
'

Then we go to the bottom side.

Then chambers that go to intake manifold.

Nose drive looks clean.

Now the bad....

This is what it looked like after just a wipedown with a paper towel.

Now the rear support bearings... They are totally fried. I think the aluminum surrounding them have a blue hue that looks like it was caused by heat.

So what do you guys think? Is it salvageble or crap? Send it back to Magnesun to see if they can do anything?
Old 07-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #15
Don't go off ninjin
Ya the walls have some scuffing but the impellers look ok. So I think I am going to try to contact Magnesun to see what can happen.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #16
Don't go off ninjin
So do you guys think it is ok? I want to try to keep it and install it. Should I send it to magnesun or is there something I can do?
Old 07-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #17

Look sfine to me. Maybe replace the bearings and install it.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #18
Don't go off ninjin
Ya I've been looking at bearings on the interweb and they're not too expensive. I just need to figure out how to remove the old ones...
Old 07-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Ya I've been looking at bearings on the interweb and they're not too expensive. I just need to figure out how to remove the old ones...
I would take it to a shop, and have them R&R the bearings. COuldnt be more than 50 bucks or so....
Old 07-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #20
Don't go off ninjin
Ok so a machine shop. Does anyone know a good shop in Tucson?