Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

My New Winch/Recovery Setup

Old 07-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
My New Winch/Recovery Setup

just made/installed my new winch setup
its an xrc8 mounted on a portable winch cradle
and i store it inside the bed
i have 24 foot removable power leads
i have ordered a front mounted hidden hitch to be installed in 14 weeks
i have a grade 5/8" grade 8 bolt holding the cradle in

Old 07-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Have you thought of using a locking hitch pin when it is in the bed storage receiver?
Might be a little more secure against theft
Old 07-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

my security system is a 45.
there is no crime here in N.Y.C anyway
Old 07-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nice set-up
Old 07-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet
Old 07-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
BIG DADDY

thanks
Old 07-08-2010, 07:07 AM   #7
Barnone
Barnone's Tacoma Gallery
brutal,
Nice set up with all that equipment.
I had a similar winch on my Dodge 4x4 diesel with front receiver mount but just used jumper cable type clamps and long cables to move it from the front or rear as needed. Never got around to doing it your way since I didn't use it much but it did save my ass and others a few times.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:37 PM   #9
BIG DADDY

dam i was going to get that as part of the package but i cheaped out
Old 06-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #10
DCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DCW's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ever get the front mount hitch done ? is it in the bumper or on the bottom. I am looking to do this.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #11
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
Did you ever get the front mount hitch done ? is it in the bumper or on the bottom. I am looking to do this.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #12
Disco Disco...
SGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSGT Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: NBCNCO, HHC, 1-158 INF
Name: Scott
SGT Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I would be careful with that... i thought that those two bumper supports were made of aluminum, and the bolts holding them on are less than grade 5...
Old 06-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #14
Mr SGA
MrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrFastLayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Layne
MrFastLayne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO View Post
I'm considering that same winch, how do you like it so far?
I had a XRC8 for all most three years. It never let me or my friends down. It's a good starter Winch!

Lifted a FORD F550 with my XRC8

Old 06-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #15
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFastLayne View Post
I had a XRC8 for all most three years. It never let me or my friends down. It's a good starter Winch!

Lifted a FORD F550 with my XRC8

Daayyyuum!!! looks like I'm sold...
Old 06-08-2011, 03:38 AM   #16
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Taco View Post
I would be careful with that... i thought that those two bumper supports were made of aluminum, and the bolts holding them on are less than grade 5...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
I would look closer and see that all the aluminum has been replaced by steel and that it is BEEF.
this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO View Post
I'm considering that same winch, how do you like it so far?
great winch