Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Photos Of ScanGuage Mounts

Old 07-08-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
Barnone
Barnone's Tacoma Gallery
Photos Of ScanGuage Mounts

I'm having a hard time figuring out where to mount my SGII in my 2002 Regular Cab. Ideas and photos would be appreciated. I have it mounted above the radio but it is in a poor location for these old eyes.

BTW, the SGII supplies a lot of data. It should be a standard in dash feature on vehicles. An OEM one would just add a few dollars to the cost of a new vehicle.

Thanks.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
Simms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: David
Simms65's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Simms65
Here's what mine looks like from a low angle in the dark. I have it mounted right on top of my steering column with some sticky Velcro. Works very well there, but it does block my view of a couple of the warning lights while driving unless I lean forward a touch.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:16 AM   #3
Barnone
Barnone's Tacoma Gallery
Simms,
Thanks, I'll try that location for the SGII.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:05 AM   #4
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Here are pics of some different mounting approaches that others have used ....

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=114193
Old 07-09-2010, 05:35 AM   #5
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I used the velcro tape provided on top of the rear view. Ran the cord through the A pillar. It stays secure doesn't move.