1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New tacoma owner needs help with a few things

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by drshirk, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Jul 9, 2010 at 6:47 PM
    drshirk

drshirk [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hi all,
    I hope I am posting in the correct forum as I am new here. I bought a 2002 2.7l tacoma from my brother. There are a few things wrong with it I need to get fixed.

1st. The when the wheels are going straight the steering wheel is not straight. It is turned to the left. Would a front end allignment fix this or is something else wrong?

2nd The check engine light comes on. Diagnostics says something about the purge valve. My brother does not remember the exact code. Is there a fix for the purge valve I can do myself. Toyota dealer says new purge valve/canister cost anywhere from $300 to $500. Would rather not have to spend that kind of money if there is a way to fix it.

3rd. The oil light on the dash flickers on and off. I checked the oil and it is full.

I think that is it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jul 10, 2010 at 8:44 PM
    Barnone

Barnone Guest

You could be talking major problems here. How many miles on the Taco and has it been maintained properly or been beat to shit?
    1. Visit a front end shop.
    2. Probably a costly fix.
    3. Flicking light indicates low oil pressure. Could be diluted oil, bad sensor, bad oil pump, worn engine parts,etc.
    Good luck.

3. Jul 10, 2010 at 8:45 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome!

Get the code read, and post it up. Otherwise, we are just speculating on what the issue is. For the oil light, Check the connections at the sending unit.

4. Jul 11, 2010 at 7:36 AM
    drshirk

Member:
    The truck wasn't very well taken care of to be honest. My brother never took off roading or anything but he did tend to let things go. I will try and get the code today and I will take it somewhere to get the front end checked out. Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.

5. Jul 11, 2010 at 10:05 AM
    drshirk

Member:
    The code for the purge valve is P0441- Evaporate Emisson System Incorrect Purge Flow.
    Any ideas?

Products Discussed in

To Top