Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

How-To: 1GR-FE Supercharger Installation

Old 07-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #21
blackphantom09 is a jewel in the roughblackphantom09 is a jewel in the roughblackphantom09 is a jewel in the roughblackphantom09 is a jewel in the rough

blackphantom09's Tacoma Gallery
Good job with the write up man!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #22
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Sticky!
Old 07-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #23
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX2RIDE View Post
Nice... I have a couple of questions.

1. I assume the blue thing below your oil filer is a magnet??? If so how do you like it?

2. Before you added the SC, how did you like your TRD air intake?

3. How do you like the SC? I have a 09 TRD OR 6 speed think this may just be the next project.
1. The blue thing is an oil filter adapter. It is installed between the oil filter base and the oil filter. It has 4 ports in it and it is used to screw in sensors. The oil temperature and oil pressure sensors that go to my in-cab gauges are screwed into these ports. Check out the build thread (link in my sig) for more pics.

2. The TRD intake is okay. I got it as a birthday gift. I don't think I would have spent the $280 to get one for myself. It sounds great at high rpm but I didn't really notice any performance benefits. Very easy to install.

3. I love the S/C. The sound, the power, its all addicting. It was also a good bit of fun to install and being able to scoot at will is well worth it. I had a 350Z and the acceleration is the only thing I missed about that car when I swapped to the Tacoma. I can finally let go
Old 07-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #25
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Drive up to Annapolis and give me a ride, okay? Thanks.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #27
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Nice right up and I'm glad you ended up being so happy from this purhasr
Old 07-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #28
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
U coming to the NOVA meet thats been forever talked about but never pinned down?
NOVA meet?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #29
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write-up man! Lot's of details and pics!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #30
audi2000 has a spectacular aura aboutaudi2000 has a spectacular aura aboutaudi2000 has a spectacular aura about
audi2000's Tacoma Gallery
Unbelievable, nicely done!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #33
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
Welp. Looks like a lot of work, but not overly difficult. Great documentation - I hope to do this myself someday soon. Very nice.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:55 AM   #34
KaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KaBaL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
NOVA meet?
It's been bumped around on quite a few posts.. Let's all settle down and pick a date for once!

I suggest the Dullas expo center as a location. Nice large parking lot and usually empty at the north building.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #35
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBaL View Post
It's been bumped around on quite a few posts.. Let's all settle down and pick a date for once!

I suggest the Dullas expo center as a location. Nice large parking lot and usually empty at the north building.
That'd be good. Lots of places to eat in the area too.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #36
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Thanks for all the detailed info. We're going to have a sudden influx of TW guys buying S/C's now just so they can follow the writeup!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #38
toojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for all the detailed info and pics!
Old 12-03-2010, 08:00 AM   #39
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
BRAVO!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 12:37 AM   #40
techmarc is on a distinguished road
Name: Marc
techmarc's Tacoma Gallery
umm, where is the video?