Notices

How-To: 1GR-FE Supercharger Installation

Old 04-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #81
RobrPatty is on a distinguished road
Army:
RobrPatty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
And also, while you are driving it before the reflash, you should open up your bypass and hold it open with a zip tie or some-some.
Nice tips...thanks.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:12 PM   #82
INSTAGRAM: sytfu510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobrPatty View Post
Ya sytfu510 did you have any problems with leaking around the water pipe spacer?
I did the same with the waterproof grease stuff. No leaks at all. Got the ECU flashed yesterday, got the exhaust setup today so no more raspy at throttle. Just a nice throaty sound when on the throttle and quiet at cruising speeds.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #83
wildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildcats is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wildcats's Tacoma Gallery
Anyway to remove ecu to get it reflashed or must you take the truck to the dealership. I live about 60 miles from the nearest toyota dealership and hate driving it that far without it flashed.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:06 AM   #84
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcats View Post
Anyway to remove ecu to get it reflashed or must you take the truck to the dealership. I live about 60 miles from the nearest toyota dealership and hate driving it that far without it flashed.
Just open up the bypass and you will be good to go. No need to worry.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #85
Boomerams is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sergeant
Boomerams's Tacoma Gallery
lonely virgin connector needs advice

Had my supercharger installed years ago and she has been running fine. But I have noticed a 2 wire connector that has nothing to connect to. I have never really worried as the truck has ran fine without it connected. ..but always wondered what it was for any ideas? I have looked it up before and have seen pictures (like from this thread) with it connected.

How-To: 1GR-FE Supercharger Installation-2014-08-08-17.30.41.jpg
Old 08-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #86
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerams View Post
Had my supercharger installed years ago and she has been running fine. But I have noticed a 2 wire connector that has nothing to connect to. I have never really worried as the truck has ran fine without it connected. ..but always wondered what it was for any ideas? I have looked it up before and have seen pictures (like from this thread) with it connected.

Attachment 284330
That was for (I am trying to think real hard I think it was a vac sensor or some, some) - same here and you are right it is nothing to worry about since it is not used on the SC setup.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #87
Blacktaco2042 is on a distinguished road
Blacktaco2042's Tacoma Gallery
the plug is the for the valve inside the stock manifold since you have a s,c that plug is not needed